Wake up call

george's mom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
This is how I wake up in the morning. The alarm goes off - I hit the snooze. George is sitting on the night stand, waiting for me to open my eyes. As soon as I do, he starts meowing. I try to ignore him. He continues to meow. Again, I ignore him. The alarm goes off, I hit the snooze. George walks around the bedroom meowing louder. The alarm goes off again, again I hit the snooze (I really hate mornings!). George now decides to run full speed up and down the hallway (bedroom door open all night) smacking the bedroom door as he passes it. Meowing even louder once he's back in the bedroom because he realizes my eyes are open ever so slightly to try to get a glimpse of what the heck he is doing. Alarm goes off for the last time - I've decided the whole neighborhood is awake by now from the noise. I get out of bed, make my way down to the kitchen - AND AM TOTALLY IGNORED BY MY FUZZ BALL!!

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Darn - I just saw it a few minutes ago. Someone has it in their signature line:

"There is no snooze button on a cat" - or something close to that!

Laurie

faith's_mom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LDG

Darn - I just saw it a few minutes ago. Someone has it in their signature line:

"There is no snooze button on a cat" - or something close to that!

Laurie
Really???? You should tell that to my kitties...I don't think they know they aren't supposed to be equipped with snooze buttons!! Tehehehe! They are the reason I CAN sleep in...tehehehe...when the alarm goes off, I can hit the button all I want, and they won't budge off my chest, or pillow!!!

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by faith's_mom

Really???? You should tell that to my kitties...I don't think they know they aren't supposed to be equipped with snooze buttons!! Tehehehe! They are the reason I CAN sleep in...tehehehe...when the alarm goes off, I can hit the button all I want, and they won't budge off my chest, or pillow!!!

I trained one cat to enjoy a nice lie-in of a morning and the others all just fall into line with the routine, even my newest addition who was already an adult and has only been here a couple of weeks. He woke us early the first 3 days then seemed to realise it just wasn't the done thing in our house - this morning he lay down on my alarm clock and I had to wriggle my hand under his tummy to hit the snooze button

beck4582

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Pepper played that game this morning... Alarm went off, she woke up and proceeded to bounce all over the bed. I hit snooze and she's still bouncing all over me. This went on for almost 30 minutes before I finally just got up. Sometimes I think I shouldn't even bother to set an alarm because she's dead set on getting up at 7:00 no matter what...

deedeemay

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have my wake up every morning from Arwen just after 7am, she will use her forepaws to hammer at the door until I crawl out of bed to let her in

After that I get back into bed, and she will then jump up and curl into a ball next to me keeping my belly warm

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sounds like my house
I do the same thing, hit the snooze a few times. But if the bobcats are inside, they hate the alarm and will run around the room barking and jumping on the bed. (they don't meow like regular cats). If I continue to ignore them, Amber will get mad. I have learned not to hit the snooze more than twice. A couple months ago, I was off from work and did not feel like getting up. Yes, I kept hitting the snooze instead of just shutting the alarm off. After like the 4th time, Amber had enough. She jumped up on the bed and peed on me
She had a look on her face like, NOW you are up aren't you!!

photographerboy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thats one of the reasons I want a cat, Because my alarm clock wont wake me up. But a kitty sure will!

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have instructed a number of people on how to turn their cat into an alarm clock.

First, you have to be sure you can get up every morning for a few days.

As soon as the alarm rings, get up and go and feed the cat immediately, preferably wet food that he really likes.

Do this for a week, and you will find he'll be right there waking you up within a few minutes of the alarm time.

Of course, he'll also do it on the weekend!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

george's mom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Epona

I trained one cat to enjoy a nice lie-in of a morning and the others all just fall into line with the routine, even my newest addition who was already an adult and has only been here a couple of weeks. He woke us early the first 3 days then seemed to realise it just wasn't the done thing in our house - this morning he lay down on my alarm clock and I had to wriggle my hand under his tummy to hit the snooze button
Can I send George over for a training session?? Oh, and he REALLY needs to know what weekends are (or any day that I'm able to sleep in!).