How much movement should I expect?

theallis5

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
We're guessing Pennie to be about 7-9 weeks pregnant. But I don't know if I've felt movement yet. My questions is this: how much movement is normal? Anyone have a mama cat who had very little movement right up until the end?

dillpickles

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Not I.....Dill's kittens move like CRAZY and have for over a week at LEAST...I swear they are having a damn party in there...or maybe putting on an acrobatic show.....I dont know but wow.....how much movement is a little bit??? have you felt them move at all????

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I usually start feeling movement 10 days-2 weeks before the birth, so if she's at 7 weeks along you just may not be feeling them yet. It starts out as feeling like "bubbles", and then gradually gets stronger until there's no doubt that it's kittens you're feeling!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

theallis5

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
O.k., she was on my lap as I wrote that, and I had my hand on her belly, feeling for movement. After a couple of minutes I felt my first REAL KICK!! I've felt subtle movements before, but this was a real kick!! I'm so excited! Could she just have a couple of babies in there? Maybe that's why I heven't felt much?

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's possible, it's also possible that you're just not feeling for them at the right time. With my last momma cat, I didn't feel them very often because she didn't really like me touching her belly for very long... I had to catch her at just the right time.

theallis5

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have new photos, wanted to share!

This is her tonight:

And, she's getting into every nook and cranny in our house the past couple of days. I have felt more movement, just not seeing much yet. She does seem to jump up and go for a walk whenever they start to move. Also, weird question: should I be cleaning her butt? I think she's having difficulty reaching, cuz it stinks and doesn't look completely clean.

catwoman_2669

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
shes a very pretty cat and getting a nice belly
if she has trouble cleaning herself u might want to give her a hand. im sure she will be happy about that.

rupydoo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by theallis5

Also, weird question: should I be cleaning her butt? I think she's having difficulty reaching, cuz it stinks and doesn't look completely clean.
That is so hilarious that you said that. I was just saying to my husband tonight, as I was watching my gigantically pregnant cat trying to lick her rear, "Can you imagine trying to lean over that huge belly and lick your butt?????" (of course his answer was No!)
! Maybe a wet baby wipe could freshen things up a bit down there for her! I also noticed a bit of litter stuck to my kitties bottom...which makes me think I may just go wipe her down now as well! No stinky bums in my house! (Just as my kids, they'll tell ya!)

dillpickles

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Wow..she is such a pretty cat, Her belly is so tiny compared to dills....OMG I think im gunna have 100 kittens come out of my Dill....ARG.......Have you been feeling more movement???

theallis5

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I haven't gotten up the gumption to wipe her butt. Man, I thought diaper days were over !! I will, but she doesn't even like me to lift her tail to check it.

dillpickles

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by theallis5

I haven't gotten up the gumption to wipe her butt. Man, I thought diaper days were over !! I will, but she doesn't even like me to lift her tail to check it.
LOL.....I feel the same way...think about how big Dill is she can hardly clean herself at all....poor thing, so I have been wiping her with babywipes and she seems to appreciate it....Get-R-Done hun...gotta take care of our babies....lmao

theallis5

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by DillPickles

Wow..she is such a pretty cat, Her belly is so tiny compared to dills....OMG I think im gunna have 100 kittens come out of my Dill....ARG.......Have you been feeling more movement???
Dill's belly makes most cats look like kittens
So, what are your plans with your upcoming 100 kittens, lol?

I do feel more movement -whew! When we got her (8 weeks ago this Sunday) the previous owner said she was pregnant. She must have been barely. Because I've never had a pregnant cat before, I had no idea how big she would be upon delivery. So, I started expectin babies 4 weeks ago. Here we are, 8 weeks into the deal, and no babies. I don't mind. I'm rather glad that we've had the chance to bond before babies come. It's just annoying to be waiting on pins and needles for weeks on end, kwim? Because I just started feeling real movement at the time I started this thread, I'm guessing we've got 1-2 weeks left. Ugh