Rags has the runs

gaylemg

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Is diarrhea normal for a cat pregnancy? Rags was having intermittant diarrhea for a few days, but today it is all soft poo and her butt is dirty. I'm a little worried that I might have to go ahead and take her to the vet.

dillpickles

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
How far along is she??? Ive seen and read that it is normal for pregnant cats to get diarrhea when they are very close to delivery....

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gaylemg

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm not sure how far along she is. She was already showing when I brought her in 16 days ago. I thought she was close then, but she has gotten a lot bigger. Hopefully this is a sign she is close. She's been checked for worms and it was negative, so I guess it isn't that. I wonder how close to delivery the diarrhea can start? She seems fine otherwise, still eating, but maybe not as much.

theallis5

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Not sure,
Just wanted to say that I am daily checking up on Rags and Dill. I wanna be one of the first to know!!

gaylemg

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
She has been free feeding on dry kitten food and I give her a little bit of canned kitten food in the morning and evening. She's been eating like that for about two weeks, but the runs didn't start until a few days ago.

gaylemg

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by theallis5

Not sure,
Just wanted to say that I am daily checking up on Rags and Dill. I wanna be one of the first to know!!
I'll be on here in a big hurry with kitten pics!

dillpickles

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Id call your vet to be sure hun....I have read and heard about some cats getting mild diarrhea right before delivery but if you are even mildly concerned it cant hurt to call your vt and make sure its ok....im no expert on my second litter....so.....I have learned most of what I know for here...hehe this place is great

dillpickles

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by theallis5

Not sure,
I will start a brand new thread with big writing and lots of claps and WOOHOO's when she goes into labor dont worry you guys will know right away...and there will be TONS of pictures providing everything is ok

gaylemg

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thanks! I'll check with the vet. She's more used to me now, so maybe I can even get her into a carrier and get her over there.

dillpickles

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GayleMG

Thanks! I'll check with the vet. She's more used to me now, so maybe I can even get her into a carrier and get her over there.
Dont stress her unless you have to hun especially with her still being new to you.....if the vet says to bring her in thats different...but Id just call and see first...Im like that will dill and Ive had her since she was little....(i used to live in an apt so i didnt worry about her getting out thats why she wasnt spayed)

gaylemg

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'll ask first, but if I do have to take her in I don't think it will be as hard as it would have right after I brought her in. She is much more used to me. I hope I don't have to, though. Maybe they can just give me advice or check another stool sample.

rotobay

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hey Gayle, my vet told me that runny poop is one of the first signs of labor. He said most cats get the runs and their appetite curbs (sometimes they don't eat at all) a few days before delivery.

It would be funny if she goes before Dill

gaylemg

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rotobay

Hey Gayle, my vet told me that runny poop is one of the first signs of labor. He said most cats get the runs and their appetite curbs (sometimes they don't eat at all) a few days before delivery.

Wow! That's promising, isn't it! I just want her to have them so I don't have this hanging over my head anymore. It's like waiting for a shoe to drop. I have a job interview next week. I haven't been working for a couple of months while I look for a job. I've been living on leftover pay from my last job, my tax refund, and help from my parents. Hopefully, I will get the job. Once I'm working full-time I won't have time to hang over Rags waiting for her to pop!

dillpickles

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rotobay

It would be funny, seeing as how everyone thought Dill was going to go b4 everyone else...She has had loose stools for 3 days now, not runny but loose, But I'm over being anxious, I'm just living vicariously through all the other expecting Kittie mama's

gaylemg

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Rags's poop is more solid now. I still don't feel babies.