Kitty's Day Out

ibelonginthezoo

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Today my brother, sister and I put harnesses and leashes on our cats, Cali and Ripley, and took them outside. They LOVED it
(Ripley especially LOVED the grass)!!!!!!

We wanted them to get use to being outside so that way they will feel more comfortable coming with us when we go to pick out their new cat tree. They have out grown the tree they have now. We thought that it would be fun taking them with us so they can pick it out themselves.

We are also going to buy them some new toys too because they are bored with the ones they have (especially the teasers).

When we first adopted them in July, we took them out to PetCo and PetSmart alot. They LOVED it (we even have some pics of them on some of the cat trees they have on display) But because of family reasons, we havent done it in awhile. Hopefully they will do ok. I think they will because they are both social and like to meet new "friends"

I will update and tell you all how it went.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i wanted to try that, But both of mine, want nothing to do with the outside world.

eliot'smom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
That sounds great! I have a Siamese, and I have heard that they do pretty well on a harness/lead. I am hesitant to try it, though, because I live downtown.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by IBelongInTheZoo

We wanted them to get use to being outside so that way they will feel more comfortable coming with us when we go to pick out their new cat tree.
What a great idea! All I ever see in places like Petco "picking things out" are dogs. What a delightful surprise it would be to see somebody bring their kitties in to pick something out!