Kittens poop not solid

mchempstein

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My kitten is around 8 weeks, and since the day she got here her poop seems to be getting less and less solid. She uses the litter box more than any other cat I've seen, and she doesn't seem to be able to clean herself enough given the constant litter box trips.

Is there something I should do? I clean her box every day.

ronit

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hello !
Maybe is the food the kitty is eating, i find that many kittens that eat wet food only have diahrea like poop. If this is not the case, you can try with a little of boiled chicken with rice (no oil) to make it harder.

Good luck!

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Mchempstein

My kitten is around 8 weeks, and since the day she got here her poop seems to be getting less and less solid. She uses the litter box more than any other cat I've seen, and she doesn't seem to be able to clean herself enough given the constant litter box trips.

Is there something I should do? I clean her box every day.
I am no expert but this just logically seems to me to point to the food that is being fed. Your kitten is very unique but when Persi came to live with me at age of seven weeks I started him on dry kitten food and he stayed on that until I switched him to adult dry food. He has always had well formed poo and so has my other cat who dines with Persi out of the same tray.

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Are you feeding her the same food as the person/place you got her from? A sudden change in diet often upsets cats of any age.

If possible you should go back to what she's used to and change her over gradually.