Upcoming March Shows :)

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Guess its not too early since the upcoming weekend is March
You know the routine

We have one March show in Wisconsin (ACFA)

March 15/16

Keep plenty of show vibes coming as we hope to grand Charlie at this show - he needs one top 5 AB final. Be nice to go get the "show" cake to share with exhibitors on Sunday

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
2 March 4 AB rings, CFA - Bangkok

Not showing any of mine, Baby Ja developed ringworm (thank god it hasn't spread) after the last Jan show

I am however agenting a Maine Coon (Brown tabby male) and a Siamese (seal point male)!

Go for Grand Charlie!

nekochan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The Chicagoland Family Pet Expo
March 14-16th, 2008 -- cat show on 15th and 16th only
Arlington Park Racecourse, Arlington Height IL
(CFA show and non-club-sponsored Household Companion cat show)

This is a huge all-pet expo which includes many exhibits, dog demos, and competitions including a cat show, household companion cat show, 'lovable pooch' contest, parrot show; and over 300 vendors and non-profit booths.

Great Lakes Area Cat Enthusiasts, Inc. Show
March 28-30, 2008
Donald E. Stephens Convention & Conference Center, Rosemont IL
(TICA Show)

I was going to enter the TICA show but it looks like entries are full

marsch21

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
TICA
SoCal ExoTICA Cat Club

Showhall:
James A Venable Community Center
50390 Carmen Ave
Cabazon, CA 92230

Judges:
Shields(SP), Mays(AB), Fisher(SP), Mattingly(AB), H.DeVilbiss(AB), Chisholm(SP),
Shields(AB), Fisher(AB), K.DeVilbiss(AB), Ritzinger(SP), Mattingly(SP), Jacobsen(SP)
Other:
Female congress (Saturday, H.DeVilbiss); Mild & Wild congress (Saturday, Mays);
Male congress (Sunday, Fisher); Spotted congress (Sunday, Shields)

TICA
Great Lakes Area Cat Enthusiasts, Inc.

Showhall:
Donald E. Stephens Convention & Conference Center
5555 North River Road
Rosemont, IL 60018

Judges:
Yamada(SP), Barrett(SP), B.Lee(SP),
Yamada(AB), Barrett(AB), Shields(AB), Kajon(AB), Dickie(AB), S.Lee(SP),
Walbrun(AB), Sessler(AB), Lopeman(SP), H.DeVilbiss(AB), B.Lee(AB), Knapp(SP)

International Ragdoll Congress with genetics seminar on FIP presented by Dr. Susan Little (1 p.m. to 4 p.m. on Friday).
Rings on Friday are Ragdoll Congresses only.
Royal Canin partnership show with special hospitality welcomeplus nutritional seminar (4:30 to 6:30 p.m. on Friday).
Breed seminar and awards dinner on Saturday evening.
Special awards and prizes for best Ragdolls in Show.
Special tours/events to be arranged in the Chicago area before and after the event for international, out-of-region, and any other interested exhibitors.
ICAT Competition.
5 Congresses: Saturday: Red, White and/or Blue (any cat with red, white, blue, or cream in its fur, and all Abys, or blue eyes) (B.Lee); Male, Female (Walbrun). Sunday: Youngsters (Shields), Not So Young (Kajon), Junior Achiever Ring and Seminar & special pricing for JA entries.

Needless to say it's going to be a busy March

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
March 23 - FASA -SA, Australia. (Farley & Anastasia)

March 30 - FASA - SA, Australia. (Farley)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Amanda, when will you show Demtri again? Does he have his championship (or your equivalent)?

Neko - you need to call and entry about a month before the shows. Some are held open till 2 weeks before the show. If its a big one, like that TICA show, you enter as early as possible - 4-6 weeks. Did you call the entry clerk and see if they were full?

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Can someone please explain this to me...

Originally Posted by marsch21

TICA
SoCal ExoTICA Cat Club

Judges:
Shields(SP), Mays(AB), Fisher(SP), Mattingly(AB), H.DeVilbiss(AB), Chisholm(SP),
Shields(AB), Fisher(AB), K.DeVilbiss(AB), Ritzinger(SP), Mattingly(SP), Jacobsen(SP)
Other:
Female congress (Saturday, H.DeVilbiss); Mild & Wild congress (Saturday, Mays);
Male congress (Sunday, Fisher); Spotted congress (Sunday, Shields)

TICA
Great Lakes Area Cat Enthusiasts, Inc.

Judges:
Yamada (SP), Barrett(SP), B.Lee(SP),
Yamada(AB), Barrett(AB), Shields(AB), Kajon(AB), Dickie(AB), S.Lee(SP),
Walbrun(AB), Sessler(AB), Lopeman(SP), H.DeVilbiss(AB), B.Lee(AB), Knapp(SP)
How come the same judges can do both SP and AB in the same show???

marsch21

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

Neko - you need to call and entry about a month before the shows. Some are held open till 2 weeks before the show. If its a big one, like that TICA show, you enter as early as possible - 4-6 weeks. Did you call the entry clerk and see if they were full?
Since this is the IRC, about 100 of the entries were Ragdolls and the show sold out quickly.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Adeliah, the ONLY association that does that is TICA. That's what I don't like about them. In the same weekend a judge does SP one day, AB the next (or vice versa). They more/less see the exact cats; may have a few new ones.

I took Spooky to his one and only TICA show. He was judged by a judge in SP on Saturday (didn't get a final) and the same judge on Sunday (AB) where he finalled in the ring. And a high award too as I recalled.

Made no sense to me as to how the judge didn't put him in the final in SP and yet turned around and was in the top 5 cats in the AB ring. If you can explain it, more power to you

ACFA has a new set of judges each day - no repeating.

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Amanda, when will you show Demtri again? Does he have his championship (or your equivalent)?
Not until we have a 1 ring show. He's 1/2 way to his Premier, should take 2 more 1 ring shows to get there.

nekochan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I didn't call them. It is about a month before the show right now and I went to the website to enter the show, and it said they are full.

I'm really disappointed because that was the closest cat show to my house that will be going on all year that I've found and I can't travel very far, so that was the one show I was 100% sure I could get to. Plus, it was going to be the Maine Coon kitten's "show debut." There isn't another TICA show in my area until May, and that one is pretty far away so I probably can't go both days.

marsch21

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
He was judged by a judge in SP on Saturday (didn't get a final) and the same judge on Sunday (AB) where he finalled in the ring. And a high award too as I recalled.
That is strange. It's usually the other way around.

I'm not sure why TICA allows this. I'm thinking it's because the club may have financial issues and they are looking for ways to reduce costs without raising entry fees. Entry fees in TICA are always going up. At the last show to enter one cat and get the extra 1/2 cage was $105.00.

On that note. This 1/2 cage business is for the birds. In our region we get a full size single cage for the cost of a regular entry, but in other regions your entry gets you a 1/2 cage and if you don't want to share a cage you buy the other half at $35.00+

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Most ACFA/CFA shows are averaging $45 for one entry for the entire weekend. 1/2 extra cage is only $15-20 more.

And that's BS about the saving money on judges. Every association and almost every club needs to cut costs and TICA is the only one doing that. I know a lot of people who don't show TICA for that reason. I never understood it. And this was when Spooky was about 2-3 yrs old (so early 90's) this was going on. Its not a new thing for TICA to do it.

marsch21

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
...that's BS about the saving money on judges.
I didn't say I knew the reason. I'm just speculating on why some clubs do that. Our Club sponsors two shows a year in the LA area. We have the judges lined up months in advance and as a rule do not use the same judges for both days. We usually have 1 SP ring and 4 AB rings each day.

Our club is financially secure and most of the time turns a profit at each show. We donate to the Region and rescues, and against the lame laws that the A/R are trying to get passed.

Now that CFA is accepting all patterns of Ragdolls we are anxious to show in that Registry. But I do have a question. I'm told that if a cat is shown in CFA and is then transferred to a new owner the cat loses all earned points and starts over? It's not an issue as our boy will do very well, but I'm courious if that is true. Is ACFA like that too?

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No - where did you hear that from. As far as I know the points would only be affected as far as the status in the region - if the cat were sold to a different region. Not sure where the points would go. But I've never heard that if you transfer the cat the points accumulated for Champion/Grand would not go with the cat no matter who owned it.

In ACFA any points/titles the cat has earned will STAY with the cat and be transferred if its another owner.

If the cat is registered as a wrong color and earns points and then is transferred to the correct color - then all points/titles would be lost and you'd have to start over. And in CFA if the cat is a Grand Champion and then altered - the cat has to start as an Open and earn Grand in Premiership. In ACFA, the title stays - so if the cat is grand in the championship class; then altered, its grand title would carry over to the alter class and not start over.

tamgirl99

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'll be going to the World Cat Congress in Houston the last weekend in March. However, it won't be to show any cats but instead to pick up my new little aby girl from the breeder. It's my first show to get to see in person and I can't wait. Seeing the show and getting my little girl all in the same day is almost TOO much excitement!

ferriscat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

No - where did you hear that from. As far as I know the points would only be affected as far as the status in the region - if the cat were sold to a different region. Not sure where the points would go. But I've never heard that if you transfer the cat the points accumulated for Champion/Grand would not go with the cat no matter who owned it.

In ACFA any points/titles the cat has earned will STAY with the cat and be transferred if its another owner.
For the points to transfer in CFA, the cat must be shown in at least one show within the new region. Does ACFA have that sort of rule?

ferriscat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I will be at the Crab and Mallet show (CFA) the second weekend of March in the Baltimore area. It's Otto and Bailey's anniversary show, so I've got to go