Taxes: How are you filing yours and have you already?

artgecko

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have just filed my taxes on Turbo Tax, but was wondering what everyone else is doing this time around.

Art

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I did mine with Turbo Tax also, have done this for the last 2 years and will continue to do so! I filed in early February and already got my little tiny refund

yam102284

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
H & R Block. I didn't think I could do it myself, with my student loans, HSA account, and everything else. Maybe next year.

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am not sure yet. If we file online we have to pay a fee but we get it pretty fast. If I file them myself it's free but takes longer to receive it. DH wasn't happy on how long it took last year.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

artgecko

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
sandtigress- I actually went that route too... I was able to use turbotax online for free to file federal, and two states
And, it only took me about 1 hour! Of course, all that means I don't have much money, savings, etc... which was why it was so easy to file. lol.

Art

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Independent accountant - only person we could find who would do our taxes since we have earnings in Australia and the US to deal with.

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have gone to an independent accountant just because my parents have. However, starting last year, I was trying to do it by pen and paper on my own to see how close I compared with the accountant and I was only $20 off!

I may get brave one day and try to do it online one time. I have student loans, and multiple money funds, etc. I'm just afraid I would miss something.

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've been using TurboTax for several years now. I was using an accountant, and he was charging me more and more each year, but my taxes are EASY to file. I figured, why pay him $150 to do my taxes, when I can pay less than half that to use TurboTax and e-file them myself. I've already gotten both my state and federal refunds...pretty much spent them too!!!

chester&piper

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm just waiting on a couple things to be mailed to me, then I'll be filing mine online. I've done it that way for about 4 years now. It's pretty easy and I find I get my refund back pretty quickly.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I did mine a few weeks ago. One of my friends works for H&R block so she did them.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have to do mine soon. I just got the last couple papers in the mail yesterday. I am probably going to go to H&R Block because I am afraid to do it myself.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh and no... haven't filed yet. We're waiting to get a bunch of paperwork back from the Australian accountant for the first half of 2007 (second half of the Australian 06/07 tax year) that we need for our US tax return. It's so annoying!!

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I filed mine on H&R Block's online site this year as well as last. Already got my federal return deposited in checking. Got to send my state one in (SC wasnt accepting e-filing). I like doing it for $45 on that site. Rob has to go to a tax person though because his are all sorts of weird with the job he had this last year.