Bald spot on temples (pics included)

sillyitiliangrl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was just going though pics of Chestnut and I've noticed a bald spot forming on each of his temples... is this normal or am I being paranoid

Day he came home (December)

About a month ago

Saturday night

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Perfectly normal and nothing to worry about - you can just about see the same in both cats in my signature

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wickett has tons of fur but Frankie being a short hair has always had very thin mair at her temples.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sillyitiliangrl

I was just worried because it seems to be becoming more prominent
It does seem to be. No idea what would cause hairloss right there if there isn't an increase in scratching that area. Ask your vet?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sillyitiliangrl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, I'm making an apointment with a new vet for sometime next week.

He has had an eye infection the last um... 1.5weeks... could that do it you think?

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sillyitiliangrl

Yeah, I'm making an apointment with a new vet for sometime next week.

He has had an eye infection the last um... 1.5weeks... could that do it you think?
I noticed with my boys that it did get more prominent when they got their adult coats than when they were kittens. But if you're noticing a big change then vet is a good idea.
Have you been putting any eye cream/drops in for the infection? I wonder if it could be related.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sillyitiliangrl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not yet
I've been waiting for eye culture results since 2/16! The vet won't treat Chestnut until he has Gizmos results because Gixmos eye infection has not been responding to treatment (though its getting better since he's been OFF treatment for 2 weeks now)...... Chestnuts has spread to both eyes, where a week ago it was in only one, but its not getting any worse than that... and doesn't seem to bother him (unless I'm trying to clean it that is!
)

mom_to_four

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I was looking at my male cat a few days ago and thought the same thing. I figured it was just me.

I will have to agree though. A vet visit sounds like a good idea.