A few questions - (Roxy's thread)

madyoungcatlady

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hey everyone!

Firstly, what a great forum! Everyone seems so helpful and lovely.

My cat, Roxy is 62 days pregnant. She's been in and out of her nest lots lately but her apetite has really reduced for the last few days. I thought that was only supposed to happen in the last 24 hours, so I am really concerned that the little kitties aren't getting enough nutrition. She has been having about 4 kitten food pouches a day and is now down to 1/2!!

Also, I've heard about the belly 'dropping'. She is rather wide, and her tummy does seem to have gotten smaller in the last week but it hasn't actually dropped? She had a litter last year but I had just moved out of home so she was still with my mum so we didn't disturb her so close to labour, but I seem to remember her belly kinda swinging as she walked! But none of that this time. She had them on day 64 last time. So is it possible to have kittens without the belly dropping?

Also, her nipples are quite big and a little bit of clear liquid came out of one of her bottom 2 yesterday. Her upper nipples aren't doing anything though! They are bigger but don't appear to have milk in at all.

Congrats if you've survived this post thus far! Here is a pic of my little angel:

I'd appreciate any guidance you lovely people could provide!

Love Gem x

xxtashaxx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi and welcome to the site ,everything sounds like its going well so far, the belly dosnt always look like its "droped" so i wouldnt worry to much about that.
The eating habbits can change a few days before birth, i would have thought she would have them withen the next 48 hours or so.But remember if your at all worried then please speak to a vet as we can only advise.
Good luck with the birth and i hope she has healthy kittens, and please spay mum once the kittens are weened.
just wanted to add, she is lovely.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

madyoungcatlady

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Absolutely. She is a housecat, but had to stay with my mum over Xmas, who foolishly let her out (by accident). I know there are too many cats in the world, and would have had them aborted but luckily I know many friends who would like a kitten so that's not a problem.

I should have added that in my first post, sorry! I am not a bad cat mommy! Spaying is my top priority once she's had her little darlings.

Thanks a lot for your reply! xo

xxtashaxx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No i would never say anyone was a bad mommy for an accidental litter of kittens, I have been there my self. was just out of habbit that i put that in my post lol hope you didnt take offence to it.

cpdillon

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Your Roxy looks just like my Nemo who is expecting any second now. Here is apic of my Nemo.

Good luck.....I hope she doesn't make you wait too long.

madyoungcatlady

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh my god, that's uncanny! They have practically identical markings... Freaky!
I hope she doesn't make me wait too long either!

madyoungcatlady

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Roxy is 65 days pregnant, to the best of my knowledge. She is showing barely any signs of impending labour, HOWEVER:

Sorry if this sounds a bit gross, though I'm sure you guys understand:

Whereas her 'lady-garden' is usually concealed, it seems to have kinda opened up in the last couple hours. Like when she's walking about you can clearly see the hole, unlike usual. I am sorry if I have described that in a slightly vile way! She is also mega clingy and washing her abdomen a lot. Still has her apetite though.

Do you think her time is nearing? I seriously hope so. I have had 2 weeks off of work and I just know she'll drop them on sunday at like 4am so I get no sleep for my first day back!!

Please give me your thoughts!

dillpickles

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thats weird, I noticed that with Dill today as well....She was laying down and she opened her legs and her area opened up like a car door......(lol)

rotobay

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
If you're sure she is 65 days, then she should deliver within the next 4 days. From everything I have learned, going past 70 days is extremely unusual.

madyoungcatlady

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by DillPickles

Thats weird, I noticed that with Dill today as well....She was laying down and she opened her legs and her area opened up like a car door......(lol)
Hahaha I'm glad to see there's someone even less eloquent than me about the subject.

I've been on the edge of my seat since day 57, hoping they'd pop out early! Bloody cat.

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG you guys are hiliarious!!!

I would think they're both getting ready to POP!! Im pretty sure just like humans, cats have to dilate some...

madyoungcatlady

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yay I hope so. I noticed a tiny bit of crusty (sorry for gross details again) discharge on her lady-bits that seemed to be brown. I frantically googled this, and apparently brown could be a bad sign?? As though she may have a dead kitty in there (my worst nightmare). But it wasn't copious at all so maybe all is okay.

Thoughts?

My boyfriend has forbid me from googling Roxy's symptoms because I get all hysterical. Haha. I guess I shouldn't really be posting here either, in that case..! He doesn't get it. I just want Roxy to be okay!!

madyoungcatlady

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
That would be hilarious! I hope that happens!

Roxy is being normal today. A slightly smaller apetite. She really looks so fed up of being so fat. She loves to jump to high ledges and stuff but is just too fat! Poor baby.

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
This thread is beginning to read like a victorian romance novel!

I am reminded of the play "1776." John adams says:

Mr. Jefferson, dear Mr. Jefferson,
I'm only 38, I still have my virility,
I can run through Cupid's grove with great agility!
But life is more than sexual combustibility!

Cue the chorus...

madyoungcatlady

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
mrblanche, your post made me giggle!

Right, something's definitely going on with lovely Roxy. She hasn't barely eaten all day, but has drunk loads. Her tummy seems to have changed? It's not big and round now, its smaller and very lumpy (kittens). There's no discharge though. She's a very clean cat though so has maybe cleaned herself.

In the last couple hours she's been meowing a lot, and she's not the meowing type. If Roxy meows, there's a reason. She is in her bed (not nest) kneading with her paws loads and purring and crying. Nothing's going on downstairs yet (by downstairs I mean the private area) Just trying to see how many genital synonyms we can get in this thread!

So from the crying, do you think tonight could be the night? It's so sad, she's been following me around crying and looking at me as if to make the pain (if there is any) go away! I'm just stroking her lots.

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If I were a betting man, I'd bet you have kittens by morning.