Daily Thread Tues Feb 26th!

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good morning!!

It is -2 here and we are expecting a dumping of snow today. I REALLY hope the dumpings of snow are almost over with.

Not much planned today...just work and then home.

My friend since grade 3 called last night. She is getting married in August..and she did not ask me to be in the wedding
So, I am kinda bummed about that. I always thought we would be in eachothers weddings.

Anyway, I have to overhaul my vacation schedule now so I can work it around her wedding...

I hope you all have a good one!

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Looks like rain today and we're in the mid 30s (about 0 for you metric people
) here.

B is getting ready for his job interview
It's at 9:30 am

The cats were elated that we got up 30 minutes before usual.

I've determined that I don't like the haircut I got on Saturday. She cut my hair way too short in the front and left a little bit of long hair in the back...so when dried naturally I look like I'm growing out a mullet.

I straightened it this morning hoping to give it some length, which it did, however its highlighting all the mistakes she made: uneven long hair in the back, one side is tapered, the other isn't. I'm not going back to this hairdresser again. I'm finding a new one...

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, this is a very good morning indeed. I have been up since about 3 am, I am so excited about today. I sign the papers today on selling the house I am in. With For Sale signs everywhere you look (five on my block), I will sigh one big sigh of relief when it is over. Of course there are still a few hours left for something to go wrong....

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Morning!. Weve got winds here at 70 mph
The letterbox in reception here is banging like crazy at the front door that i might tape it down because it's annoying

Originally Posted by Trouts mom

My friend since grade 3 called last night. She is getting married in August..and she did not ask me to be in the wedding
So, I am kinda bummed about that. I always thought we would be in eachothers weddings.
Awwww Nat
Have all the invites actually went out do you know?. I'm just thinking in case she didn't want to say anything.

I couldn't do that to a friend who i grew up with, especially when she still speaks to you?!

Originally Posted by Persi & Alley

I will sigh one big sigh of relief when it is over. Of course there are still a few hours left for something to go wrong....
Oh i know the feeling. I remember waiting for my lawyer to ring to say "The moneys here and the contracts are exchanged!" before i could settle.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rosiemac

Awwww Nat
Have all the invites actually went out do you know?. I'm just thinking in case she didn't want to say anything.

I couldn't do that to a friend who i grew up with, especially when she still speaks to you?!
Well it was a very short notice thing. I just found out a couple weeks ago and the wedding is in August..so I figured maybe its a small wedding and she is not having a wedding party. But I asked her how many guests there will be, and she said 200!

So, the only other thing is, she has twin sisters who are 23...maybe its only them standing up? I found it to be too awkward to ask her though. But if I am at the wedding and I see strange girls standing up for her, I will be upset for sure. (Of course I would not let that show through on her big day though).

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

But I asked her how many guests there will be, and she said 200!
That's not exactly a small affair then is it?, at short notice as well. Do any of your other friends know her, or is she the only one you keep in touch with from school?.

swooshfinn

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Morning! Snowy and windy here, already hit the high temperature for the day (1C) 33F. Need to run to the grocery store and pick up some provisions (at least to get me to Friday).

And get to try to make the most out of my Birthday (29 now!, I am sure that some of my part-timers would think I am ancient).

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Morning All!!!

Snowing again here but not to cold..We are suppose to get a fair bit by the end of the day....oh yay

Heading off to work shortly, hope to be done by about 3. Have a few things to pick up afterwards then it just home and TV.

The kitties are good this morning, looked out the window for a bit then got bored with the snow and went back to bed..Lucky Kitties.

Everyone have a good one

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sunny but windy today so no walking outside for me. I can take the cold but not the wind.

We got only a light dusting of snow-but more predicted for Thursday night.

My day didn't start well-I was attempting to sit on the sofa and I dumped over my very full coffee cup which also splashed on the sofa as well as all over the table and floor.
I treated stain right away so hopefully I won't have discolored that sofa fabric.

Yesterday afternoon I made the mistake of not getting the chicken in the oven early enough so I had to raise the temps and it was not a young roaster but I think a stewing hen so the meat was very tough. (Ox liked it though). I'm thinking he will be getting the rest as treats as I don't think I can salvage it for anything else.

Nothing going on today I think soup and sandwiches for dinner as Neil has a haircut tonite.

Just waiting for spring.......

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Morning!

Snowing and nasty as per the norm lately. I have to go to Davenport tomorrow so I hope the roads are clear.

It has been cold but no snow here for the last few days then bam, snow everywhere! How rude is that?
I think the least it could've done was waited until I was done in Davenport to snow don't you think??
Oh well, I'll be going unless they close the highways, I'm just packing some extra clothes, blankets, things I might need in case I get stuck on the way there or back.
It's only 45 minutes away in good conditions, I will be leaving 2 hours early tomorrow.

Off to work for my OT, oh yeah I don't get ot....
I wish they'd call me and tell me I can stay home like I was supposed to.

Have a great day everyone! Drive safe and stay warm!

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Day 4 of bronchitis and acute asthma, starting day 2 of antibiotics. I think I'm on my 4th or 5th box of tissues. I had a vacation day on Monday, and I called in sick today. Tomorrow is my day off. I sure hope I'm feeling better by the end of the week, because I'm on call for 24 hours on Saturday. This is the 3rd time I've been sick since November. What the heck is up with that??? I've never been sick more than once each winter, and now 3 times!!??!!! Gah! I will be SO glad when it warms up and spring comes! Maybe I'll quit getting sick!

cattybird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Afternoon everyone. Not much going on here except we're trying to get someone to come fix the ice machine in our fridge. Didn't think it would be so hard. One thing's for sure, we're never ever calling SEARS for anything ever again!