athletes foot

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am no doctor, but I am like 99.9% sure thats what I have!!!

It itches soooooooo bad between my baby toe. And its raw from me itching!!

What can you do for it? I started using Lamisil today....

skyecat0117

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Keep it as dry as possible. Especially when wearing shoes. Prolly wanna spray down the shower/tub with some bleach spray so no one else catches it or you don't spread it more to yourself.

blondrebel76

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
i spray my feet with lysol spray, yes it will burn like fire, but the itch is usually gone overnight. i have also used spray hairspray if i didnt have lysol or a small amount of bleach in warm water, they all help to kill the fungus.

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Its the same treatment as treatment for ringworm. Theres a over the counter product that I used to clear up ringworm and its for athletes foot too! Its called Rely On anti Fungal!! Keep everything clean, maybe even buy new shoes if you can't wash the ones you have! (thats extreme)

I hope it gets better!

tickytat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I had that once and hope I never get it again. My husband, his cousin and I all went fishing and I suffered the whole time. It burned more than itched. I remember looking over the side of the boat and just wanting to dunk my feet in so bad to put out the fire. It was awful! I used an OTC antifungal and that cleared it up thankfully. Not fun and I have no idea where I got it from.

Try to keep your feet as try and aired out as possible. Wear sandals if you can (not a good time of year though) or maybe take your shoes off at work if you can. That Gold Bond Medicated Food Powder helps a lot to keep your toes dry.

Good luck!

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Another powder you may want to try is Mexana medicated powder. Or just plain cornstarch as that is the main ingredient in many powders.

royalenchntrss

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I know it sounds gross but you're supposed to pee on it.. or have someone else do it for you.. It clears it right up! I havent done it but I know people that have.. lol

tickytat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by RoyalEnchntrss

I know it sounds gross but you're supposed to pee on it.. or have someone else do it for you.. It clears it right up! I havent done it but I know people that have.. lol
Aren't you thinking of a jelly fish sting?
But who knows! (And how gross!) I think I'd rather use the antifungal than pee on myself or EEK! Have someone pee on me! Gross!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by RoyalEnchntrss

Yup, DH suggested that too!
I was like umm nooooooo! LOL...