Is your SO a slob?

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mine is. He sits on the couch playing X box and eating snacks. Crumbs get every where. The couch, floor, coffee table. On top of that he leaves the empty package of whatever he was eating on the coffee table.
It's like I have a toddler in the house and so far we haven't had kids yet. If I had to clean up after DH and a kid I'd probably kill myself. JK

sibohan2005

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not being in a relationship I don't have theat problem but by BFF's husband would rather relax and have the house a mess than tidy after himself. And my BFF and I are the type of people that we can't relax until things are tidy.

It's one of those cases in their marriage of Opposites attracting.

beck4582

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I know the feeling... Mine leaves Mt.Dew bottles everywhere. If he *does* take them off the table, they only make it as far as the kitchen counter...

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My boyfriend is a slob too. He leaves everything laying around everywhere. Clothes on the floor, garbage on the table, pop cans everywhere, dishes on the counter...basically any way you can think of to be messy, he does it.

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes thanks to his mother who did everything. She complains about it now but she never gave them chores to do.

skyecat0117

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Crazyforinfo

Yes thanks to his mother who did everything. She complains about it now but she never gave them chores to do.
Same situation here. And everytime I go to do something or make something "Well that's not the way my mom did it."

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
In the early 1980's I lived with a guy who was a total pig! He forgot to flush the toilet. Left clothing laying all over the house. Spilled things on the floor and didn't bother to mop it up, in fact if he stepped in it he didn't care. He liked to work on his car no matter what the weather and he would come in with muddy boots and greasy hands and walked through the house and touched EVERYTHING!!!!

I got so fed up once that I walked around and gathered up all of his clothing and stuff that was laying on the floor, including suits, and threw it in the grabage. He didn't notice until after the trash guys came and took the stuff to the dump.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

I got so fed up once that I walked around and gathered up all of his clothing and stuff that was laying on the floor, including suits, and threw it in the grabage. He didn't notice until after the trash guys came and took the stuff to the dump.
OMG!!! That's halarious.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm lucky, DH and I have about the same levels of cleanliness. We're not neat freaks, and while we have some, we dislike clutter, and like the place to look tidy. So we both share the cleaning about equally, and don't need to nag each other to do anything in particular that bothers us.

mistressotdark

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
mine tells me he doesn't like living like a slob..yet if you look in the room where he keeps his clothes..they are half the time all over the floor..and the other half falling out of the dresser drawers...
sure...
oh and if he cooks he leaves a big mess then says..hey didn't you just do the dishes yesterday?
hmmm

weldrwomn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
hahahahaha....I guess this is where I get to feel lucky...My hubby is the cleanest, neatest person that I have EVER met. He wears latex gloves while changing oil. He WAXES the shower once a week. If he doesn't vacuum at least once a week than he starts to look frantic. He taught me what it truly means to be neat and organized. I am the one who frusterates him with my occasional messes and clutter.

emrldsky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would technically be the "slob" of the relationship, but DH doesn't let me get away with it, lol.

I'm adverse to housework because my mom always had us kids do it. When I was in high school, and the last child living at home, I would have to do most of the housework. Sure, my mom worked all day, but she could have helped. And it wasn't as if my dad wasn't around, because he was.

My issue has always been the fact that I was active in after-school programs, and I had an after-school job. And I was still expected to handle nearly all of the housework. My mom would come home, sit on the couch, make a mess, and expect me to clean. I would have gladly helped with housework, if the expectation wasn't that I had to do it all (which was the expectation). Many times I also had to cook.

Did she prepare me for living on my own? Sure, but I still really really dislike housework.

katz4life

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My Hubby & I both are equal with our cleanliness. We have specific cleaning each of us do everyday but as for the rest of the cleaning: if we feel like doing some cleaning that day, we do! If not, we don't

xlaydeextaniax

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by luvmycat1

Mine is. He sits on the couch playing X box and eating snacks. Crumbs get every where. The couch, floor, coffee table. On top of that he leaves the empty package of whatever he was eating on the coffee table.
It's like I have a toddler in the house and so far we haven't had kids yet. If I had to clean up after DH and a kid I'd probably kill myself. JK
yeh, that's the same for me!

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No, my husband is VERY clean, me too. It would have been a deal breaker for me to marry and clean up happily ever after a slob

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, he is an extreme slob. You would not believe the way his "office" looks (I should take pictures). The family room is usually strewn with papers that he throws on the floor (his "filing" system). The kitchen counters are always a mess when I get home because he never puts anything in the dishwasher (or away), clothes are all over the bedroom, his bathroom should be condemned, etc.

It's the one thing we argue about, because I like things a lot neater and cleaner, and I don't think I should have to be the only one doing the cleaning. I'm beginning to just let things ride due to being too worn out to do anything about it, but I'm not happy about it.

stacyd1987

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My husband's messy too. As soon as he gets home, he wants to get his uniform off so badly that he leaves a trail of clothes to the bedroom!

going nova

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The SO leaves his clothes and books on the floor. When I want to vacuum, I tell him that if he doesn't pick up the mess, I am going to put everything outside in the spider closet. One time, he didn't pick up his mess by the day I planned to vacuum and when he got home from work he asked me if I had really put his clothes in the spider closet.

Also, he avoids finishing anything that's in a container so that he doesn't have to throw things away!

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My ex-husband could "out slob" anyone I ever met! I call myself a casual housekeeper, sometimes things are a little messy, but the house is usually pretty clean. Right now, my wastebaskets are overflowing with tissue (I have bronchitis) but when I'm feeling better, everything will get cleaned up, scrubbed down and put away.