I never actually record my transactions
plus I never write checks.....so no!

KittenKrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rosiemac

Oh yes, infact i'm quicker than the bank
Susan, doesn't that drive you nuts sometimes? I'm like ok.....we're showing x amount of money, and you guys are not......why in such a technologically advanced age, when so much is done by computer, can you guys not do these transactions automatically ?

Oh, and my answer is no, but we only use our account for certain things, so I know what and when and where without a lot of trouble.

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I really only use cheques for my rent and they are taken out the day after they are dated for. All my other bills are set up so they automatically come out of the account the minute I pay them...Anything else I use my debit or credit card for..
So I guess the answer is yes.

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't actually sit down and balance my checkbook...

I write down my check card transactions as I use it and subtract from the balance, but I generally round to the nearest dollar, because I occasionally forget to write one down.

I never really know exactly how much I have in there, but pretty close.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I balance my business check book to the penny!! Last August my bank deposited $100 to my account. I contacted them and they said they would research the problem-I always sign my name not the business name on the back of the check I thoughthis would be corrected but 6 months later I still have the $$$$

Neil balances the personal checkbook every month "reminding" me to record all the debit transactions which I sometimes don't do on a timely basis!!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Always, I cannot stand not knowing if something isn't recorded! I check my online banking daily too, just to be sure everything goes through okay, I'm obsessive

sibohan2005

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't write cheques, so YES i'm alway good in my cheque book.

I have only ever been overdrawn once on my bank account, that was a rent went out before pay went in issue.

I would say I'm very money consious I never spend more than I have.

katz4life

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We never have too many checks to balance so thats a yes for us!

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
My checking account has been off by $300 for the past 6 months.

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The last time I tried to balance my checkbook was September of 1996. I remember it (not so fondly) because I've always hated doing it, and my mother always comments about balancing hers to the penny every month. Now that my CU is online, I use my debit card for most things, write checks for very few, and check my balance online every couple of days. Much easier, and much less headache.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I do somewhat....I know generally what I have in the bank. I'm awful about it, but I've never once been overdrawn!

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I used to do it faithfully, and it was always fine. Now, I do so much of my banking on line and by debit card, that it's not really an issue, as long as I eyeball my statement to make sure there are no surprises. DH does the household one, pretty much the same way, I think. It's in his interest to keep it clean, though, since it's set to cover any overdraft from his account.