Some work at last! Hooray!

deedeemay

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I started a part time job in a restaurant today, it's only part time at the moment, but I really enjoyed myself this afternoon. I worked 12-6pm, and it was really interesting.

I haven't done waitressing work for nearly 4 years, and going back to it today was strange! The girls who trained me up today were so helpful too, and so friendly, that I think it may just work out

I even went home today with £14.20 worth of tips! I couldn't believe it....

I will certainly be going back there to work next weekend! It's great fun!

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congrats! You know sometimes I actually miss waitressing. I did it for 9 years, but now I would like to get back into it. There is something very satisfying in serving people and having them leave happy...like a job well done. (yeah, I've blocked the bad days out of my mind). Good luck, and it always helps when the people you work with are friendly and willing to help you out.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Glad you're enjoying it!! I waitressed for quite a few years and do not ever want to do it again

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katiemae1277

Glad you're enjoying it!! I waitressed for quite a few years and do not ever want to do it again
I agree! I do not miss the physical exhaustion, hurting feet, rude customers, bad tips, and the not even getting paid my full paycheck twice because the restaraunt was doing so badly.

I did it because I needed a job to pay for school. It was the first one I could find and I pretty much worked my own schedule.