New Here

ellablue

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi everyone, I am new here. My kitty passed away and I just now got another furry friend. My new friend is short haired, very soft, but I don't think that I have the right brush for her. Can anyone recommend the best brush or comb for short-haired cats, especially one that will get the undercoat taken care of. She is beautiful, really clean, and adorable and I just LOVE her. But...I think I need something special to get this shedding taken care of.

Thank you all so much and I look forward to getting to know everyone and sharing in our tips and feelings about our best little friends.
EllaBlue

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have seen a number of small brushes, sometimes called "slickers," that will work.

But your cat will shed, no matter what you do. Good health will reduce it a lot.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
what is she eating>>???

some like furminators but I like reg combs ie long teeth .. slickers are good for some

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by EllaBlue

Hi everyone, I am new here. My kitty passed away and I just now got another furry friend. My new friend is short haired, very soft, but I don't think that I have the right brush for her. Can anyone recommend the best brush or comb for short-haired cats, especially one that will get the undercoat taken care of. She is beautiful, really clean, and adorable and I just LOVE her. But...I think I need something special to get this shedding taken care of.

Thank you all so much and I look forward to getting to know everyone and sharing in our tips and feelings about our best little friends.
EllaBlue
Hello, and welcome to the best cat site around!
So sorry about your kitty. Congrats on your new kitty and somebody will be along soon to give you advice about brushing your short hair.

We have a lot of support and advice to give here. We also have a game called KatKwiz, which teaches you things about The Cat Site and also allows you to win lots of points. Just click on the here link below to learn more. Glad you decided to join us!

zenoah

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hello from a fellow NH/Maine citizen!

Maybe one of those fine tooth combs they use to hand out on picture day at school?

artgecko

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have an undercoat brush similar to the furminator (but less pricey) it is made by bamboo and is red/white. The handle is half-circle shaped w/ a blad sticking out of one end. it does a good job on getting the undercoat, but you might also want a regular brush for regular grooming.

Art

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry to hear of your lost, but glad you adopted another kitty. I use a flea comb on shorthair cats - its gets to the skin and collects a lot of fur. IMO brushes don't do much for shorthair or longhair (especially the LH)