Worst cooking chore

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I really don't like to cook period but the thing I hate the most is peeling and or chopping stuff. Ugggg, it's so tedious. I'm not very good at the chopping part either. So, is there a cooking chore you hate the most?

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, you should use a chopper! I hardly cook at all but when I do, I use a chopper to chop stuff and its so much faster and easier

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hate the cleaning up part

No, really, I don't like using flour.... I have to when I cook sometimes but something about it is weird to me... It's soooooo messy too

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

Oh, you should use a chopper! I hardly cook at all but when I do, I use a chopper to chop stuff and its so much faster and easier
I don't like to peel and chop and also use a chopper - my DH.

Actually I don't like to bake. I'll make the occasional pie, but have DH chop up the fruit.

xlaydeextaniax

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by luvmycat1

I really don't like to cook period but the thing I hate the most is peeling and or chopping stuff. Ugggg, it's so tedious. I'm not very good at the chopping part either. So, is there a cooking chore you hate the most?
i hate peeling! especially, potatoe's! i don't mind chopping though

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree about peeling and stuffing!!

For the most part I don't bother peeling veggies because the skin is a good source of fibre plus has much nutrition in it. However potatoes are a different story. For whipped potatoes and creamed soups you need to peel them and it takes so long and my hands get sore/cramped. Pearl onions are another that I can't stand to peel. I found away to do it relatively easier but you lose 1/2 the onion in the process.

I love to make stuffed past shells, but stuffing the shells with the mixture is boring.

kelicat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I love cooking!!! I don't always have a ton of time for it, but I do love it! I don't do too much in the way of baking, an occassional dish here and there. HUGE Rachel Ray fan! LOL, in fact hubby and son call me Rachel sometimes

I hate making mac and cheese, quicky things like that. I guess I don't consider it cooking and figure if someone wants it, then can make it themselves and not bother me

I don't like peeling potatoes either, but I don't mind the cutting or chopping of foods.

I am anal about cleaning as I go, I guess b/c I can't leave the prep dishes b/c I'd have a swarm of cats on the counter the minute I'd walk away :-) And since no one helps me clean up, I just got into the routine of putting a dish or utensil in the dishwasher as soon as I used it. That way I'm not trying to put it all away when the food is getting ready to go on the table.

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love cooking, just most nights i cant be bothered as i work more than 12 hour shifts.
I make easy things like pasta and sauce on quick nights, and on my free evenings like today i will cook a whole heap of stuff!

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Duchess15

I love cooking! I just made pizza for first time last night! I hate cleaning up all the dishes afterwards though!
Yeah!!! Dishes!!!! Ugh!!!!! I only like the creative part!!!! Not the scut work!

mom of 4

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not allowed to make salad as I really like small pieces - the salad ends up being a wilted salad whether it was supposed to be wilted or not.

i enjoy cooking with my mother for Holidays. i don't even mind the clean up. But I hate that meals only take 30 minutes when it took hours to make.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't like the clean up. Or this time of year I compost all veg/fruit etc and have to tromp to the compost bins which have a couple feet of snow on them and try to find room to add more stuff. I'm now just tossing the scraps right on the garden!!