Question About A Pregnant Kitty (Cat's thread)

cupcake1234516

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
MY MOMS CAT....HER NAME IS CAT...LOL GOT OUTSIDE ABOUT 2 MONTHS AGO...THEY COULDNT FIND HER AND FINALLY SHE CAME HOME ABOUT 3 AND A HALF WEEKS AGO.....YOU CAN SEE THE BABIES MOVING AROUND LIKE CRAZY......I HAVE WENT THROUGH THIS WITH MY CAT KALI....BUT WHAT IA M SEEING IN CAT IS HER FUR ON HER BACK (SPINE) IS RIPPLEING ALOT AND I WAS WONDERING WHY IT IS DOING THAT OR DOES IT MEAN SHE IS GETTING CLOSE...AND SHE GTS REAL MEAN WHEN YOU PET HER DOWN HER BACK TOWARD HER BACKEND...CAN ANYONE HELP ME THANKS

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well if she got out 2 months ago she could be getting close, about another week to go if she got pregnant right away! Normally you see them move around 7 weeks! Has she been to the vet yet??? My guess is she is probably getting closer, but may have a week or so to go! Do you remember the exact date she got out??

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cupcake1234516

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
she got out around the middle of december im guessing thats what my mom said....so i dont know

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Then she is due any day. Cats are pregnant around 65 days give or take a little. Please make sure your mom keeps her inside so that she doesn't have to go through this ordeal again and she can be safely spayed when the kittens are 8-12 weeks old. So can the kittens!

xxtashaxx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
the rippling thing could be aggeitatian,could be that when the kittens are moving about it could be agitating Ie irritating her a bit. (sorry if that is mispelled), a few of the pregnant cats we have had has done this, but also it can be associatide with flees. but if at all worried about it speak to a vet.

cupcake1234516

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Ok Cat Has A Dischrage Now So How Long Do You Ladies Think It Might Be.....?cant Handle The Wait....my Mother Told Me She Is Going To Call Me When It Happens Even If It Is 2 In The Morning She Said She Is Going To Call Me.......she Has Never Went Through This And Neither Has Cat....

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've had four pregnant foster cats so far. One of my fosters had discharge for a week before she delivered. The other three had discharge for 3 days or so before they delivered. The discharge got a bit heavier the day of delivery though.

cupcake1234516

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
She Has Been Discharging For About 2 Days My Mom Just Told Me And She Keeps Going Under My Moms Dresser.....so I Dont Know What She Is Doing

cupcake1234516

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
NO BABIES YET....HER EYES HAVE BEEN PRETTY BIG TONIGHT....AND VERY MOODY....NOW SHE IS BITING AND SCRATCHING...SO I DONT KNOW WHAT SHE IS THINKING....LOL

cupcake1234516

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My Mothers Cat Should Have Babies Anytime....but What I Need To Know Is....today My Mom Was Petting Her And For No Reason She Bit Her On The Wrist.....and This Morning She Meowed Real Loud And Then Started To Slide Her Back End On The Floor....can Anyone Explain Why A Cat Would Do That....thanks

tabbygirl88

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I don't know why she would be sliding her back end on the ground, maybe because it is sore?

As for the biting, sometimes pregnant cats get moody. Last night my cat was super happy to see me. She was purring louder than I had ever heard and then all of a sudden she stopped and attacked me.

Good luck!

cupcake1234516

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
IM NOT SURE IF THIS IS THE BEGINING OF LABOUR....BUT CAT HAS SOME BROWNISH LIKE WATER OR DISCHARGE....AND HAS PANTED A COUPLE TIMES IN THE LAST HOUR....CAN ANYONE HELP ME PLEASE?....AND WILL A CAT LEAK WATER BEFORE GIVING BIRTH?

dillpickles

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
im no expert but it sound to me like your gunna be a delivery room tonightto your kittie and her babies

cupcake1234516

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I Hope So She Is Very Irritable Right Now And Doesnt Want To Be Touched At All....and I Just Hope The Brownish Like Water Or Discharge Is Normal

catwoman_2669

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
yes they will leak before giving birth. and the panting sounds like starting labor.

cupcake1234516

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
i hope so....im keeping my fingers crossed...and sending her vibes myself....lol

cupcake1234516

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Nothing Yet She Wont Let Anyone Even Walk By Her And She Hisses At Them....my Son Is Sitting At The Kitchen Table Playin With Toys And She Is Laying O The Floor Hissing At Him...i Dont Know What She Is Thinking