TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › Cats and Other Animals › We have a baby piggy!!!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

We have a baby piggy!!!!

post #1 of 25
Thread Starter 
Here is our baby pig!!! Its so cute!!! A whole lot bigger then I expected Here are a few pictures of mom and baby!!! I cant wait until its old enough to find out what it is!! He/She was born today 2/23/08 at about 3:30 pm



post #2 of 25
Awwww!! SO Cute and little! Congrats on your new baby.
post #3 of 25
How cute! I had no idea Guinee Pigs were born with their eyes open. And I NEVER would have thought one would be that big...Ouch!! Congrats!
post #4 of 25
Haha!! 1 baby? thats all?? its is adorable though!! I love its coloring! very pretty!! it is huge!! my friends had three and they all fit into a grown mans palm.. that thing looks bigger than a hand!! Congrats!!!!!
post #5 of 25
Thread Starter 
Thanks! I believe it is a little boy! I cant tell 100% for sure though but it deffinately looks like one!
post #6 of 25
Oh my gosh, I'm such an Iowa farm girl I thought you got a baby pig as in a real pig.........I grew up on a pig farm, and yes it smelled terribly.

It's so cute though!!!! I've never seen that kind of baby pig! They are so small and cute!!!


Edit: I guess I missed the part when you said it was just born!!!! WOW is it big for a one day old!!!
post #7 of 25
Thread Starter 
LOL in that one he wasnt quite one day old more like 7 hours I am completely amazed by him!!
post #8 of 25
Awwwwwwwww...What a cute baby!!!! Congrats!!!
post #9 of 25
He is adorable!!!
post #10 of 25
Awww, I thought it was going to be an actual pig..

Still very cute though
post #11 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnzoLeya View Post
Oh my gosh, I'm such an Iowa farm girl I thought you got a baby pig as in a real pig.........I grew up on a pig farm, and yes it smelled terribly.

It's so cute though!!!! I've never seen that kind of baby pig! They are so small and cute!!!


Edit: I guess I missed the part when you said it was just born!!!! WOW is it big for a one day old!!!
I totally thought it was going to be a pig pig. I still thought that at first since my brouser window was so small.

Quote:
Originally Posted by calico2222 View Post
How cute! I had no idea Guinee Pigs were born with their eyes open. And I NEVER would have thought one would be that big...Ouch!! Congrats!
I can't believe how big the piglet is compared to mom... ouch is right!
post #12 of 25
I am surprised too, I did not know that they were born with fur and their eyes open, I thought they would be pink like a baby mouse.
post #13 of 25
Congratulations on your new baby guinea pig! Its soooo cute!
post #14 of 25
Aww! Congrats

I also thought it was an actual pink piggy when I first read the heading!

Still, baby is a cutie!
post #15 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2raven View Post
I am surprised too, I did not know that they were born with fur and their eyes open, I thought they would be pink like a baby mouse.
Same here! What a cutie
post #16 of 25
What a big baby! It really pays off being the only baby and getting all the nutrition! If you want to know the sex, take a pic of the piggie's underside and post it here. I can tell you what it is, its very easy for me to tell without having to poke and prod things, I have 15 years experience.
post #17 of 25
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet72947 View Post
What a big baby! It really pays off being the only baby and getting all the nutrition! If you want to know the sex, take a pic of the piggie's underside and post it here. I can tell you what it is, its very easy for me to tell without having to poke and prod things, I have 15 years experience.
Here are the pictures the first one is a bit blurry but the other two are pretty good...


post #18 of 25
I thought it was a pig - pig too... It sure is a cute baby and big
post #19 of 25
Awww, very cute!!! Congrats on the new baby!
post #20 of 25
awww how cute, but i too was thinking a pig pig. he is huge, i would call him exel as in XL(extra large)!
post #21 of 25
I had no idea whatsoever that pigs looked like that when young. Thanks!
post #22 of 25
Thank goodness other people thought it was a pig pig!!!!

I didn't even think about how odd it is that they aren't born pink like rats and mice. I wish I had a little baby to look at!!!! Babies are just so cute!
post #23 of 25
Awww congrats on the new baby! He does look like a he to me too. Be sure to seperate from the mom at 21 days or he will be able to get her preg.
post #24 of 25
Sorry, I was bedridden for two days with a horrible cold, so I just now saw the pics. Congradulations, you have a beautiful baby boy. You will need to seperate him from momma at three weeks old so that he doesn't try to mate her.
post #25 of 25
aww sooo sweet!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Cats and Other Animals
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › Cats and Other Animals › We have a baby piggy!!!!