We have a baby piggy!!!!

brandi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here is our baby pig!!! Its so cute!!! A whole lot bigger then I expected Here are a few pictures of mom and baby!!! I cant wait until its old enough to find out what it is!! He/She was born today 2/23/08 at about 3:30 pm

vixen16

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Haha!! 1 baby? thats all?? its is adorable though!! I love its coloring! very pretty!! it is huge!! my friends had three and they all fit into a grown mans palm.. that thing looks bigger than a hand!!
Congrats!!!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

brandi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks! I believe it is a little boy! I cant tell 100% for sure though but it deffinately looks like one!

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my gosh, I'm such an Iowa farm girl
I thought you got a baby pig as in a real pig.........I grew up on a pig farm, and yes it smelled terribly.

It's so cute though!!!! I've never seen that kind of baby pig! They are so small and cute!!!

Edit: I guess I missed the part when you said it was just born!!!! WOW is it big for a one day old!!!

brandi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
LOL in that one he wasnt quite one day old more like 7 hours
I am completely amazed by him!!

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by EnzoLeya

Oh my gosh, I'm such an Iowa farm girl
I thought you got a baby pig as in a real pig.........I grew up on a pig farm, and yes it smelled terribly.

It's so cute though!!!! I've never seen that kind of baby pig! They are so small and cute!!!

Edit: I guess I missed the part when you said it was just born!!!! WOW is it big for a one day old!!!
I totally thought it was going to be a pig pig. I still thought that at first since my brouser window was so small.

Originally Posted by calico2222

How cute! I had no idea Guinee Pigs were born with their eyes open. And I NEVER would have thought one would be that big...Ouch!! Congrats!
I can't believe how big the piglet is compared to mom... ouch is right!

mom2raven

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am surprised too, I did not know that they were born with fur and their eyes open, I thought they would be pink like a baby mouse.

deedeemay

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww! Congrats

I also thought it was an actual pink piggy when I first read the heading!

Still, baby is a cutie!

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by mom2raven

I am surprised too, I did not know that they were born with fur and their eyes open, I thought they would be pink like a baby mouse.
Same here! What a cutie

sweet72947

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
What a big baby! It really pays off being the only baby and getting all the nutrition! If you want to know the sex, take a pic of the piggie's underside and post it here. I can tell you what it is, its very easy for me to tell without having to poke and prod things, I have 15 years experience.

brandi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sweet72947

What a big baby! It really pays off being the only baby and getting all the nutrition! If you want to know the sex, take a pic of the piggie's underside and post it here. I can tell you what it is, its very easy for me to tell without having to poke and prod things, I have 15 years experience.
Here are the pictures the first one is a bit blurry but the other two are pretty good...

hurdyburdy

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I thought it was a pig - pig too...
It sure is a cute baby and big