Bday party help (kind of long)

capt_jordi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So my 21st birthday is coming up and I am the queen of party themes! And this years theme is *drumroll please* Pirates VS Ninjas.
So everyone is coming dress as either a Pirate or a Ninja. I am going as O-Ren Ishii from Kill Bill. (Played by Luci Liu: Picture here: http://psyche.nu/o-ren/) So my costume is going to be a white kimono and very simple!
Now here is the hard part: Decorations, food and favors!
What I have so far:
Living room will be Pirate themed, we will also have some old kung fu movies, Pirates of the Caribbean 3, and Kill Bill playing on the tv. Food wise: Dont really know for Pirates... but we will have Grog. (which people can spike with rum) Also we will have our Jack Sparrow standup displayed somewhere.
Kitchen/Dining room will be Ninja themed. We are thinking about making some finger sandwiches that we will arrange to make them look like throwing stars. And we will have Sake and maybe tea to drink. but thats all we got!
I want to have a scene to take pictures in front of (I can spray paint a drop cloth and hang it up somewhere) but dont know what it should be of! And I want to make flag shaped cookies and decorate them like the pirate flags and like the Japanese flag.
But I need help with anything else! Anyone got any neat ideas? Please?

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I went to Medieval Times last week and they served a half of a roast chicken, and BBQ ribs, and half of a baked potato - there's no silverware, so you eat with your hands!! That should work for a pirate theme.
Maybe you could put miso soup in a crock pot to stay warm, and serve in oriental soup bowls, minus any spoons. MTimes served soup in a turret with a handle, again, no spoons.
I love the theme idea!!! I hope that you provide us with

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

capt_jordi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catsknowme

I went to Medieval Times last week and they served a half of a roast chicken, and BBQ ribs, and half of a baked potato - there's no silverware, so you eat with your hands!! That should work for a pirate theme.
Maybe you could put miso soup in a crock pot to stay warm, and serve in oriental soup bowls, minus any spoons. MTimes served soup in a turret with a handle, again, no spoons.
I love the theme idea!!! I hope that you provide us with
Ooo I hadnt thought about the ribs or something like that! We might have to hide all the silverware in the house! And we'll have chopsticks in the Japanese part of the house!

Originally Posted by emrldsky

For the backdrop, can you do a silhouette of a Pirate and Ninja in fighting stances or something?
Yea I was thinking something like that. I'm going to get my artist friend to help with it I think!