Pant size

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, we got our state tax refund today and I wanted to go shopping for new pants.

I have been trying to lose weight, and my pants are all too big now. I tried on a size 16, which I haven't been able to fit into for about 10-15 years and they FIT!!!!!!

I was about a size 22 at my heaviest!.. I am soooo happy! Gonna shoot for size 14 now!

But today at K-Mart, I got 2 prs of pants (elastic waist jeans) 3 blouses, underear, socks and athletic shoes for me and underwear, socks and shoes for the DH..... all for $107.94 with tax! Not too bad!

But I am soooo happy I can finally fit into size 16!

katl8e

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've been pants shopping this week, too. MY beef is that women's pants all seem to be cut with enough room in the seat, to raise a family in. Even at a size 16, I do NOT have a big butt! (I'm 5' 6 1/2" and large-framed).

If they aren't too big in the seat, they are low-slung and my days of wearing hip-huggers are long past (I'm a muffin-top).

Yesterday, I got a nice pair of Dockers at Ross ($12.99) and a pair of wool-blend trousers ($6.99)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Having a stroke 3 yrs ago have a lot to do with it. I try watching what I eat and limit my red meat intake. My weight loss has been extremely slow. About 30 pounds over 3 years. I wonder if I had been really trying how much I would have lost!

My doctor wants me to lose more since high bp and my weight was the most likely caused of my stroke. They actually do not know what caused it except that a small clot broke off in one of the main vessels to my brain and caused it. I was lucky in that it only affected my speech and that came back about 95% in about 5 weeks. I was off work for 7 weeks. It was a real wake-up call for me. No one expects to have a stroke 5 days after their 48th birthday. I still have residual problems because of it. I can't work the overtime like I did before since if I get real tired, I have trouble speaking. And with my job, I have to talk on the phone all day. I will never be at 100% in my speech but at least I am not paralized.

Meda

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Catkiki

Well, we got our state tax refund today and I wanted to go shopping for new pants.

I have been trying to lose weight, and my pants are all too big now. I tried on a size 16, which I haven't been able to fit into for about 10-15 years and they FIT!!!!!!

I was about a size 22 at my heaviest!.. I am soooo happy! Gonna shoot for size 14 now!

But today at K-Mart, I got 2 prs of pants (elastic waist jeans) 3 blouses, underear, socks and athletic shoes for me and underwear, socks and shoes for the DH..... all for $107.94 with tax! Not too bad!

But I am soooo happy I can finally fit into size 16!
That's absolutely great news! And if you have any money left over.....well, never mind, you did say federal income tax return!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi & Alley

That's absolutely great news! And if you have any money left over.....well, never mind, you did say federal income tax return!
LOL Yeah.... we got the state return already and the federal is due to be deposited around the 29th. I am the only one working because DH is disabled and trying to get disability. Of course they are dragging their feet