Does anyone know....

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If you can clean gold plates taps with baby wipes?.

I can't use normal bathroom cleaners because it would tarnish them so they can only be cleaned with soap and water, but a friend said she does hers with baby wipes but i wasn't sure?.

jane_vernon

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't see why not, but I would try cleaning the back of the tap or somewhere you can't see very well, and see the result!

Definately get unscented wipes though - Better to have the least amount of added chemicals as possible.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Gold plated anything is a PITA to maintain. You can't use anything chemical on them because it will eat off the gold plating.

I would stick to a non abrasive toothpaste and old soft toothbrush, then rinse with warm water and polish with a towel.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by jane_vernon

Definately get unscented wipes though - Better to have the least amount of added chemicals as possible.
Those are the ones i've got. 100% fragrance a colour free

It's not too bad with warm soapy water but i thought a wet wipe would be easier?.

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

Gold plated anything is a PITA to maintain. You can't use anything chemical on them because it will eat off the gold plating.

I would stick to a non abrasive toothpaste and old soft toothbrush, then rinse with warm water and polish with a towel.
Okay, it must be confuse Amber day! Someone wanna tell me what PITA means??? I understand its somekind of abbreviation! Just dont know which one! There was another one on today as well.. BMAO??? I know what LMAO means, but I must be getting old because Im not understanding the new ones! LOL