So much for moving......

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The house isn't done.

All thats left is the linoleum tp be laid down and they can't do that because it's raining

I'm sooooooooo stresed out

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Dixie_Darlin

The house isn't done.

All thats left is the linoleum tp be laid down and they can't do that because it's raining

So sorry sweetie!!!
I hate to hear that!!

that it will be ready soon!!!

worriedmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry.
At least you got some time with out the kids (I am trying to give you something positive to think on). When will you be able to move??

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Worriedmommy

I am so sorry.
At least you got some time with out the kids (I am trying to give you something positive to think on). When will you be able to move??
I'm hoping tomorrow.. But it will take at least 2 days to move. I really wanted to suprise the kids too.
I wanted to have thier rooms setup and ready when they came home tomorrow night.

worriedmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I'm hoping tomorrow.. But it will take at least 2 days to move. I really wanted to suprise the kids too.
I wanted to have thier rooms setup and ready when they came home tomorrow night.
I am sorry. That would have been nice to surprise the kids.

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
About 2 hours ago the owner ( not the manager) came over and asked why I wasn't moving
I told him because the floor wasn't done yet.
About that time, the manager (who is also maintenence) came over saying he couldn't do it because of the rain.

The owner got livid! He knows I've been waiting a month for this and told him he didn't care if it was raining! That he needed to get it done TODAY!

I was thinking it was all a show because I was standing there but the manager just stopped by and told me that all that's left is the living room floor!
And I can start moving things into the kids bedrooms and my bedroom!

So I'm off to start taking things over!

I probably won't be sleeping there tonight but after tomorrow or monday I won't have internet until thursday
But I will be busy setting up house and I'll keep in touch through Monica

worriedmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

So I'm off to start taking things over!

I probably won't be sleeping there tonight but after tomorrow or monday I won't have internet until thursday
But I will be busy setting up house and I'll keep in touch through Monica
At least you can get the kids rooms set up like you were hoping!

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just snuck over and took some pics

Living Room

Living Room 2

Kitchen

Kitchen 2
Kitchen 3

Justice's Room

Half of bathroom

My room 1

My Room 2

Deacon's Room

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

The house isn't done.

What does rain have to do with them laying flooring down inside of a house?!
I could see if they were talking about doing a roof or laying down a cement sidewalk, but indoor linoleum?!

So glad the manager got on their case. Sounds like nothing short of laziness on the part of the work guys.

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

What does rain have to do with them laying flooring down inside of a house?!
I could see if they were talking about doing a roof or laying down a cement sidewalk, but indoor linoleum?!

So glad the manager got on their case. Sounds like nothing short of laziness on the part of the work guys.
That's exactly what it was!
They've had a month to get the house ready
I've seen people flip houses and do ALOT more to them then they have to this one in 2 week...

Pure lazy!

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Glad you're getting into your new place after all

And I love the new linoleum

Sending lots of stress-free moving vibes out to you all

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So my oldest son went up there this morning to see what all was done. The kitchen, and hallway floor still isn't done

Doesn't look like I'll be moving anything this weekend

I'm very upset about it too!

I've been waiting a month to move and because someone is lazy, I can't.
The boys are constantly fighting because they're literally crammed into this tiny bedroom.
I still have so much stuff in boxes because I have NO room to put anything in here. My house stays a mess due to it being so unorganized!
I have NO cabinets in the kitchen so all my dishes are on the microwave cart and all my groceries are on the kitchen table. My towels and linens are still in garbage bags because the bathroom closet has no shelves. I told them to not worry about doing things in this house and to focus on the other one so I could move so nothing has gotten done here.
I was really looking forward to moving and being able to organize!

I could have worked yesterday and made some extra money but I didn't because they told me I could move in this weekend. So I lost out on extra cash.
My friends that were going to help me move cancelled thier plans to help and I feel so bad now
And my mom having Deacon was just a waste. I know he had fun but she took him all weekend so I could move w/o him being under my feet.
I'm about to give up on moving and just deal with where I'm at.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Aw, sweetie, I'm so sorry. I'm sure your friends and your mom understand it is NOT your fault!

I really hope you haven't given up on moving. I just wanted to check in to see where things stand. Have they got the floor down?

Hang in there!

Laurie

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LDG

Aw, sweetie, I'm so sorry. I'm sure your friends and your mom understand it is NOT your fault!

I really hope you haven't given up on moving. I just wanted to check in to see where things stand. Have they got the floor down?

Hang in there!

Laurie
Thank you!

The floor is done but they still haven't gotten the light fixtures up, the baseboards attached and the doors hung.

They told me today it would be ready tomorrow but I'm not holding my breath
I told them today I'm moving in this weekend wether it's done or not. I can finish it myself or one of my friends can.. Would be alot faster then waiting around on them!
I've been packing and unpacking for the last almost 3 weeks. I have everything in boxes and when I need something, I dig it out use it and put it back.
It sucks!

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yeah, I know. We didn't have the same problems moving you are - and it still sucked.

Good on you for telling them you're moving - ready or not! And while they SHOULD do the work - this isn't worth it. Better to do it yourself or with friends and have it DONE. I hope this gets their hustle on!

that it'll be ready for you, and I hope the move goes quickly and easily!

Laurie

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope the manager knows about this! That just STINKS! He's probably po'd because he's losing rent money on their laziness.

and for moving this weekend or early next week!