Help! My husband is in a spring cleaning mood!!!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sorting and scrubbing is NOT how I want to spend my Saturday!!!

Now I know most women are probably thinking, "I wish my husband would get in a cleaning mood!" But its not like that! When DH gets in one of these moods he thinks of nothing else and throws a bunch of stuff away. Good stuff, bad stuff, stuff we will need down the road.... He has like 3 pairs of good boots in the Salvation Army pile. I'm all for giving to charities; but why did he buy them in the first place if he didn't like the fit/color/etc?

He just came in here and said "I think we should start a Salvation Army pile!" To which I replied "WEEEEEE?????????" He's also piling 'my stuff' up around me here at my desk.... I guess I either sort or trip over it now!
Eh....at least I'll get a super clean bathroom out of it.... and Moochie gets to explore the forbidden closet!

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MoochNNoodles

He's also piling 'my stuff' up around me here at my desk.... I guess I either sort or trip over it now!

Sorry, that just struck me really funny.

I *wish* I could get my husband into a clean/sort frame of mind. His idea of cleaning is to pick up the papers and stuff he's been strewing all over the floor for the past week or so. Then he expects praise for "cleaning the family room." gmab.

So, yeah, I'm envious

worriedmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Now I know most women are probably thinking, "I wish my husband would get in a cleaning mood!" But its not like that! When DH gets in one of these moods he thinks of nothing else and throws a bunch of stuff away. Good stuff, bad stuff, stuff we will need down the road....
I have to laugh cause that is exactly how my DH is! He all of a sudden takes a trash bag and goes around throwing anything and everything into it to dump into the trash.
I have health problems and he usually does this when I am feeling the worst, yet I have to really push myself to get up and start cleaning and go through the trash bag or we would lose some things that we truly need.
I love my DH but his "cleaning help" I could do with out.

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you for such a good laugh!!!! Yes, this post struck a funny bone I guess

My hubby loves to clean out closets and such too, but his stuff all goes to the dump!

kelicat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Now see, that is something that I do! DH on the other hand would be perfectly happy letting EVERYTHING we own pile up to the ceiling!

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Neil doesn't attempt to do this on his own. I have to prode him to go through his closets and dresser drawers.
But if it was in garage/workshop thats another story-that stuff is all his he can clean up in there to his hearts content!!

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Misty8723

His idea of cleaning is to pick up the papers and stuff he's been strewing all over the floor for the past week or so. Then he expects praise for "cleaning the family room." gmab.
That's MY s/o, too.

Although I do have to admit that he's fantastic when it comes to keeping the shed & yard cleaned up.
I guess he figures the "housework" belongs to the woman..

Look at it this way, MNN. As long as your husband is doing the spring cleaning, YOU don't have to!

~KK~

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG that would drive me nuts!!! Mine is REALLY good about helping! Even though Im a stay at home mom, I had 3 kids in 3 years, so sometimes you hafta let the house work go! So he comes home from work does the dishes and stuff and tries to give me a break! He has tried doing my job before, and he decided he didn't like it!
Too much work! Every once in a while he will do the whole lets see what we can throw away, but he NEVER asks my approval because I always tell him "well wouldn't it be special if we kept that and then our kids could give it to their kids" Did I mention that no one in the house besides the kids own anything nice??? I have my computer, but I had to have one for school! My brand new furniture has been taken over and all the springs are wrecked from someone jumping all over!! Everything in this house is new, and its so funny, I should have took a cup of mud to everywhere I went to buy the stuff and had them match up the colors!!

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

did he buy them in the first place if he didn't like the fit/color/etc?

He just came in here and said "I think we should start a Salvation Army pile!" To which I replied "WEEEEEE?????????" He's also piling 'my stuff' up around me here at my desk.... I guess I either sort or trip over it now!
Eh....at least I'll get a super clean bathroom out of it.... and Moochie gets to explore the forbidden closet!
make sure he does not get carried away and think the kitties are old furr coats

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well I survived his cleaning spree!

We got rid of one giant bag of his clothing, and two bags I filled last summer that we never got rid of.

I was pretty lucky this time. He steered clear of trying to get rid of my things for me and even let me have a say on what clothing he should keep, toss or wear more often!

Originally Posted by Misty8723

Sorry, that just struck me really funny.
If I took a picture of our computer room right now, you'd see one very clean side....and my side!

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Now I know most women are probably thinking, "I wish my husband would get in a cleaning mood!"
Whenever I get in a cleaning mood, DW tells me "puhleez, let ME do that" and that ends it right there.