Da Bird

worriedmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok, I just got the famous "Da Bird" for my babies. I keep reading about how wonderful it is. Well my babies all love it. Even "Mr. Grumpy" Tosh who is 12 yrs. acts like a kitten again. So I have some video footage of Jazz and Snickers doing some jumps after Da Bird. I know the jumps are nothing compared to those of you who have Bengals but I still had fun making this short video. It has music so make sure your volume is on...but not too loud.
Enjoy!

nimbus

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
There's definitely nothing like da bird! It's such a great toy! I once bought a knock-off version and poor nimbus ended up hurting himself on it
. I'm glad you got the real deal. That video was cute and well made (it looks like you have some graphic design experience
).

-Kristen

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

worriedmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Nimbus

There's definitely nothing like da bird! It's such a great toy! I once bought a knock-off version and poor nimbus ended up hurting himself on it
. I'm glad you got the real deal. That video was cute and well made (it looks like you have some graphic design experience
).

-Kristen
Thank you but I am sure anyone who has had graphic design experience could tell that I am just a novice. Sorry that Nimbus got hurt on the knock-off version.

abstract

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I've actually never heard of "Da Bird", but it looks like it's effective. I went out and bought a cheap ferret toy of a similar design for my cats - they're crazy over it. I don't know what breed Parrot is (mother is calico, I know that much), but he's done some fantastic jumps over that thing - a couple clear up to my shoulder!

worriedmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kai Bengals

That was great! Thanks for sharing.
You are welcome. I am sure you could make an awesome video with the jumps your Bengals do.

Originally Posted by Russian Blue

I loved that!
I need to buy that toy for my two.
They would love you for it. I don't know why I waited so long to get one. Jazz , I think has a little part of Bengal in him or something, has a lot more energy than my other three. I am finally able to get him tuckered out for a little bit.

kelicat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Very cool!!! Da Bird is Da Best!!!
Thanks for sharing!!!

LOL, one of my hellions managed to get Da Bird out of the closet and mangled the feathers, I really need to go pick up a new one

worriedmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kelicat

LOL, one of my hellions managed to get Da Bird out of the closet and mangled the feathers, I really need to go pick up a new one
You might already know but they sell replacement feathers so you don't have to buy the whole thing. I had Da Bird for 1 day and I had put it up on what I thought was a high place, Oreo jumped up enough to pull it down and the feather part broke. I went out and bought two more replacements. I had no idea it would be so addicting to the cats.
I started it and now I dare not stop it.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don't know what it is, but cats are just addicted to it! It's the only toy we've had to hide when not in use.

The video is fantastic!

sakura

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

I don't know what it is, but cats are just addicted to it! It's the only toy we've had to hide when not in use.
I have to hide it too, otherwise Chloe will dig it out from the toy basket and tear it to shreds. It's the only toy Mattie will sometimes sort of play with.

The video is great!

kai bengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Da Bird is one of the best toys to entertain bengals with. Of course they WILL destroy it if left unsupervised. I think most cats will do that too. There is even a warning on the package.

I wish I had invented this toy. I'd be rich. It's great.

I've always maintained that the only toy that is safe with bengals is a brick on a rope.
You can leave that out and it'll still be in one peice the next day.

worriedmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

The video is fantastic!
Thanks. I had fun doing it and the cats had fun playing.

Originally Posted by Momofmany

What are you talking about? Those were GREAT jumps! Very cute!!
Yes, I think they are great jumps, I have just seen Bengals with how high they can jump though and it is pretty amazing.

Originally Posted by luvmycat1

Popsie won't play with Da bird.
There is a cat that won't play with it?

Originally Posted by Sakura

I have to hide it too, otherwise Chloe will dig it out from the toy basket and tear it to shreds. It's the only toy Mattie will sometimes sort of play with.

The video is great!
Thanks.

Originally Posted by Kai Bengals

I've always maintained that the only toy that is safe with bengals is a brick on a rope.
You can leave that out and it'll still be in one peice the next day.
Thanks for making my day. "Brick on a rope"

tutti_bella

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I've had Da Bird for a month or so and already gone through 4 replacements feather. My kitten is only 18 months old and I've never seen her jumped so high. She makes a lot of noise (normally, she is not vocal at all!) and she goes *ack!ack!* *eweee* *eh*eh* .. it's more entertaining than anything you can think of!

worriedmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by tutti_bella

I've had Da Bird for a month or so and already gone through 4 replacements feather. My kitten is only 18 months old and I've never seen her jumped so high. She makes a lot of noise (normally, she is not vocal at all!) and she goes *ack!ack!* *eweee* *eh*eh* .. it's more entertaining than anything you can think of!
That is very cute! I love when they "chatter and talk".

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I took out Da'Bird this weekend after having it put away for a while. I forgot how much they love that thing. Even Jordan was jumping trying to catch it. Levi cracks me up. He caught it and got down real low to the ground and started growling anytime any of the other cats came near him. He let me take it away, but he was not about to let any other kitty have it.

worriedmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rang_27

I took out Da'Bird this weekend after having it put away for a while. I forgot how much they love that thing. Even Jordan was jumping trying to catch it. Levi cracks me up. He caught it and got down real low to the ground and started growling anytime any of the other cats came near him. He let me take it away, but he was not about to let any other kitty have it.
That would have been to funny to see Levi. None of mine have acted that way...yet.
You should get that on video.

helen863

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I feel left out and confused. My work have you tube blocked and ive never heard of the toy and i dont have one....

I have a mouse tied to a fishing rod with elastic that squeaks when u bounce it...
Not seen Samson play with it yet tho, since he is still at the breeders house.