wives, would it bother you if your husband..

mom2raven

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
stayed out all night? What about if he stayed out all night because it had been his last day at work and his friends threw him a going away party and he got drunk and stayed over so he did not drive home drunk?

Somehow it still bothers me.

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
If he didn't called to let me know so I would worry. We lost my BIL in a accident with a drunk driver so I would rather see my husband the next morning instead a cop saying he hit a telephone pole and was dead.

kimkats000

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I would be there with him! There are things called taxi that can bring him home or that wonderful thing called phone where I could bring him home IF I were not with him!

Kim

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mom2raven

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I agree, that I am glad he was responsible enough to not drive home drunk BUT he said he would call me and let me know if he was not coming home and he did not. He is not answering his cell phone now. We only have 1 vehicle and (3 kids) I am stranded here now and I have things to do today.

GRR.

kelicat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Given that particular situation, I'd give him a hard time for getting that intoxicated, but as long as he called, I wouldn't really be mad. If he called and asked me to come get him, I probably would, but if I didn't want to, then he'd be sleeping over!

clairebear

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Did he call and let you know that he wouldn't be coming home? If so I probably wouldn't be mad. But if he just stayed out all night, with no call home to let you know what was going on, then you definetely have a reason to be mad.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mom2raven

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ClaireBear

Did he call and let you know that he wouldn't be coming home? If so I probably wouldn't be mad. But if he just stayed out all night, with no call home to let you know what was going on, then you definetely have a reason to be mad.
He told me that he would call me if he was going to stay out all night, but he DID NOT call.
He knows that I am a worrier.
And like I said, we only have 1 vehicle, and he has it so I am stuck.

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Originally Posted by mom2raven

He told me that he would call me if he was going to stay out all night, but he DID NOT call.
He knows that I am a worrier.
And like I said, we only have 1 vehicle, and he has it so I am stuck.
Then yes, I would be more that bothered, I would be furious with his lack of consideration.

Reminds me of when my Grandfather would get drunk. It wasn't the fact that he got drunk that upset my Grandmother, it was the fact that he was sick all day and couldn't do the farm chores.

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I guess I see things from a different point of view. My ex-husband was a pathologic sleep-around, so I got to the point where didn't trust him as far as I could throw him. Part of the reason we're no longer together is because he tried this very trick. Of course, it was long before cell phones (but there were still pay phones.) If he stayed out all night, I didn't have any doubt what he was up to. Drinking may or may not been part of it.

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes it would very much. But because my Ex (and this is mostly why he's an ex, LOL) did that and told me it was because he was drunk, but it was because he was spending the night with another woman.

raggiekitty

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mom2raven

I agree, that I am glad he was responsible enough to not drive home drunk BUT he said he would call me and let me know if he was not coming home and he did not. He is not answering his cell phone now. We only have 1 vehicle and (3 kids) I am stranded here now and I have things to do today.

GRR.
Stuck at home with 3 kids is the kicker for me
what if something happened to one of them and you needed to go somewhere?
No phone call wraps it up....
I'm sure he'd wish he was still drunk after a few minutes at home..

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
As long as I knew where he was it wouldn't be angry. I'd rather have him spend the night somewhere than to come home drunk (he snores too much!)

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My gosh -- I would be 'way beyond bothered. Getting drunk, staying out all night... those are dealbreakers for me. I could not be with someone who enjoyed that kind of thing.

It's not good for a couple to be joined at the hip, and I'm all for having individual interests and pursuits... I think that's great for a relationship. But this kind of behavior suggests a level of recklessness and irresponsibility that I couldn't live with.

Maybe that's why I'm so hopelessly single.

I hope he's all right, and I'm really sorry for the night you've spent worrying. In my book, you are absolutely justified in being very, very upset with him.

gothicangel69

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I would probably bother me too. My hubby goes out all the time and gets drunk with his girlfriends then stays the night at their house or invites them over for the night when I'm not home. It drives me crazy. At least he didn't drink drunk though like everyone else said, but yes, he could have gotten a taxi or something.

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Personally, I would be furious! I have no problem with my husband going out without me (although he rarely does), and I probably wouldn't have a problem with him staying at a friend's house because he was too drunk to drive. But, if he didn't call to let me know what was going on??? Let's just say he would probably be afraid to come home the next morning.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes it would. IMO party or no party, you don't need to be drinking so much that you get drunk. Especially at an office party with co-workers.

At least he was responsible enough to stay over and not drive, but I'd sure be pretty upset. NO excuse for it in my opinion. And if it was the last day of work and there was a party planned, why were YOU not invited too?