The best clippers...Ever!

artgecko

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Hey folks,

Thought I'd share with you a new pair of clippers I got off of amazon.com last week. They're made by "Millers Forge". They are of the scissor type, but are spring loaded and have both a "safety stop" and a safety lock (to prevent from opening when not in use).

I have used several pairs over the last couple of years (and on my dog) but these things blow those out of the water. They seem to be very sturdy. They are also extremely sharp and go through nails very quickly, leaving a clean, smooth edge. They also make very little noise (no loud CLICKS) so scare the kitties less.

They are somewhat large for cat clippers, at ~6" from handle edge to tip, but they work fine on the cats and would work well on small to medium dogs as well.

The best part of all? I only paid $6 for them

What made me go with this brand was a review on amazon by a professional groomer, who claimed to have used (another model) a pair for the last 10 years. The packaging says that the company offers a "lifetime guarentee", so hopefully they stand behind their products.

I just thought that I'd share, as finding a good pair of clippers is next to impossible.

Art

EDIT: Here's a link to the specific model I bought: http://www.amazon.com/Millers-Forge-...3733327&sr=8-1

iced tei

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I will totally back you up on this one~!

I have the same clippers, and they are AMAZING. They work so well, I am so pleased with them.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Miller Forge is a good product. You'll see their stuff at the cat shows. I have a MF scissor clippers but it is the smaller version without the clip on it. They last a lifetime it seems

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

artgecko

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Goldenkitty- Are the scissor style ones strong enough for an adult cats nails? I had a pair of (admittedly cheap) scissor style clippers from target that just couldn't cut it (literally). They'd leave ragged edges, so I stayed away from that type this time around.

Art

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh yeah - have used them on all my cats. Some had thicker nails and they do a good job. I may need a new pair because these are not as sharp as they were - but I'm guessing these scissors are at least 15 yrs old

artgecko

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'll have to get a pair of those too then.
Thanks,
Art

river

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I just tried these, they cut much better then my other 3 scissor type clippers, and it was much easier to do because my cats didn't feel the cutting as much. On the negative side, these aren't the most comfortable and the grips come off too easily, I'll have to tape those on. Thanks for the tip

plebayo

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Hahahaha I hate those clippers.

The guard is the most annoying thing ever. More power to you if they work for you, but if you don't know where the quick is to begin with, you probably shouldn't be trimming your cats nails :p The only thing I can say I DO like about them, is for older cats they work really well to help you unsheathe old nails if the cat isn't keeping the nails trim.

For my cats I use human nail clippers...

For my dogs I like these:
http://www.arcatapet.com/fullsize/2085.jpg

river

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Plebayo

Hahahaha I hate those clippers.

The guard is the most annoying thing ever. More power to you if they work for you, but if you don't know where the quick is to begin with, you probably shouldn't be trimming your cats nails :p The only thing I can say I DO like about them, is for older cats they work really well to help you unsheathe old nails if the cat isn't keeping the nails trim.

For my cats I use human nail clippers...

For my dogs I like these:
http://www.arcatapet.com/fullsize/2085.jpg
I usually get rid of the guard, for these since I couldn't I just bent the guard a bit and turned it so it would fit tightly against one of the handles.

artgecko

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Yes...the guard is a pain and does absolutely no good. The guard on my pair "swivels" out of the way, so it doesn't hinder me when I'm trimming the nails.

Art

jellybella

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by artgecko

Yes...the guard is a pain and does absolutely no good. The guard on my pair "swivels" out of the way, so it doesn't hinder me when I'm trimming the nails.

Art
I bought those same clippers from drs foster & smith. I love them except for that stupid guard. They are my clippers that I keep on the table next to my chair...any kitties that sleep in my lap get a special slient manicure