Yodeling anyone? (video)

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was just wasting time going through Youtube and found this video. I think the girl is 9, and I was amazed! It's from America's Got Talent, I think. This girl taught herself by reading a book and listening to a tape (from what is said on the video). If this was posted before I apologize, but I just wanted to share. I think she's just adorable!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrYL8...eature=related

cheshirecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
She is really good!

There are some more clips of her and some other girls singing an old Patsy Montana song. This girl does it the best.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

Was she singing in another language or something? I didn't understand a single word she was saying in between her yodels.
The first 2 lines are about learning to yodel...and after than, it is mainly yodeling. I think I heard something in the middle about summer sunshine, or something like that. I don't think there are many words to it.

I just can't imagine what she could do if she seriously put her mind to singing.

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She should stick to singing, the little bit she sang was pretty good. I just don't get the yodeling thing. It sounds like someone is killing her. I agree with the first judge. "Why?" She is a cutie, though.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by krazy kat2

She should stick to singing, the little bit she sang was pretty good. I just don't get the yodeling thing. It sounds like someone is killing her. I agree with the first judge. "Why?" She is a cutie, though.
I don't get the point of yodeling either. But I thought she was better at that than she was at singing. I didn't understand anything she was singing at all. It sounded like she had a bunch of marbles in her mouth or something. At least with Yodeling it's nonsense sounds and she was in key for it.

forensic

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is the song (and the version...) I starting singing when I saw the title!

I think the lyrics are:
I wanna go right to Switzerland where all the yodelers be
Try to learn to yodel with the yodelahiti
And when I came there on a clear and sunny day
There where many yodelay men and little yodelishahe

He taught me to yodel
yodelahiti yodelay yodelo
(2x)
yodelay yodelo yodelahiti (3x)
yodelay yodeliti

I do like Bianca Ryan though (the girl who ended up winning that season!)