TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Creepy Number Guessing Computer
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Creepy Number Guessing Computer

post #1 of 19
Thread Starter 
I can't figure out how this works!!!!!

Someone tell me how this knows your number no matter which door you choose!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.quizyourprofile.com/guessyournumber.swf
post #2 of 19
I picked 22, which is pink. There are 5 pink numbers in the grid. In one of the following frames, with the 5 purple houses (one house for each pink number!) you pick the house which includes your number....which really just tells which number you picked, because none of the other numbers in the house is on the first grid in pink. The rest is just smoke.
post #3 of 19
Easy...For example, I picked 20 (it is red colored...so are 15, 5, 2 & 13). Then it asks you what color your number is (now it knows that I picked either 20, 15, 2 or 13). Now when it goes to the house part, it puts 20,15,2 and 13 into different houses. So when I pick the house with 20 in it, it knows it is 20. Does that make sense?
post #4 of 19
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pookie-poo View Post
I picked 22, which is pink. There are 5 pink numbers in the grid. In the second frame, with the 5 purple houses (one house for each pink number!) you pick the house which includes your number....which really just tells which number you picked, because none of the other numbers in the house is on the first grid in pink. The rest is just smoke.
THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!! I was getting so frustrated as to how it knew which door I would pick and what number I picked!!!!!!!!!!
post #5 of 19
When you choose a the color you number is, there are only 5 numbers that are that color. Then when you have to choose the house its in, the five that are the same color are each put into a seperate house.... So it could only be one number that is correct...
post #6 of 19
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worriedmommy View Post
Easy...For example, I picked 20 (it is red colored...so are 15, 5, 2 & 13). Then it asks you what color your number is (now it knows that I picked either 20, 15, 2 or 13). Now when it goes to the house part, it puts 20,15,2 and 13 into different houses. So when I pick the house with 20 in it, it knows it is 20. Does that make sense?
Sure does!!!! Why didn't I think of that
post #7 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnzoLeya View Post
Sure does!!!! Why didn't I think of that
Don't worry about it. They hope that you get frustrated so you wont be thinking clearly.
post #8 of 19
Yeah, but is it a scam?? I mean, what if you did click on the wrong door?? Is it made to always show the door first that it knows has your number behind it??
post #9 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by glitch View Post
Yeah, but is it a scam?? I mean, what if you did click on the wrong door?? Is it made to always show the door first that it knows has your number behind it??
It just puts the number you pick behind whatever door you decide to click on after you click on it. Then puts other numbers behind the other two to make you think it just knew it.
post #10 of 19
Yeah, its a scam!! I understood the rest but the door thing made me wonder a little!! One time I did it I forgot which number I picked so then it got all messed up and it gave me the wrong number, but I think I gave them the wrong color and house for the number I picked!
post #11 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by glitch View Post
Yeah, its a scam!! I understood the rest but the door thing made me wonder a little!! One time I did it I forgot which number I picked so then it got all messed up and it gave me the wrong number, but I think I gave them the wrong color and house for the number I picked!
Yeah that would do it.
post #12 of 19
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worriedmommy View Post
It just puts the number you pick behind whatever door you decide to click on after you click on it. Then puts other numbers behind the other two to make you think it just knew it.
OHHHHH! Those cheaters!!!! I wondered why it didn't matter which door you picked! Makes sense!
post #13 of 19
I can't make the page come up?
post #14 of 19
It didnt put my number in the door Didnt fool me!!
post #15 of 19
Lol, I figured it out before even reading everyone else's posts. Nifty little concept.
post #16 of 19
That is totally weird - I tired it 3 times and each time it was the correct number - picked different numbers, colors, doors, etc. and it still came out. Beats me how its done - has to be a mathamatical thing (in which I suck).


You guys are so much better at figuring it out. Thanks - knew there was a logically thing to it - I'm not good at the math stuff.
post #17 of 19
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45 View Post
That is totally weird - I tired it 3 times and each time it was the correct number - picked different numbers, colors, doors, etc. and it still came out. Beats me how its done - has to be a mathamatical thing (in which I suck).


You guys are so much better at figuring it out. Thanks - knew there was a logically thing to it - I'm not good at the math stuff.
Don't feel bad!!! I'm totally with you on this one! I knew people on TCS could figure it out in a heart beat!
post #18 of 19
post #19 of 19
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by blondrebel76 View Post
I couldn't get the card game to work??? It kept picking the wrong card

the second link page is unavailable right now.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Creepy Number Guessing Computer