Who Agrees with this Quote I was emailed?

rescuecatsrule

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Women and cats will do as they please, and

men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.
-Robert A. Heinlein

That quote came from someone I know on my email, along with a load of other dog quotes and pictures of dogs.

That quote in particular caught my eye. Who else thiks it's true?

KittenKrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, we all know its true for cats........but I've never been sure that I liked it applied to women,......am sure my husband would agree with the quote wholeheartedly, lol!

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
And it's from Heinlein!

To those who don't know, he was a popular sci fi writer. Some of the more common titles people might know are - Stranger In a Strange Land, Starship Troopers, The Number of the Beast, The Cat Who Walks Through Walls, Job, etc

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KittenKrazy

Well, we all know its true for cats........but I've never been sure that I liked it applied to women,......
That is how I feel. I do my best not to perpetuate any stero types about women. We have it hard enough without making things wore.

zane's pal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Then there's this old one:

Oh the sadness of a woman when she's sad!
Oh the gladness of a woman when she's glad!
But the sadness of her sadness,
And the gladness of her gladness,
Are as nothing to her badness when she's bad!

Oliver Wendell Holmes, Sr.'s definition of a woman: "A constipated biped with a backache." (What Mrs. Holmes said to this, I don't know. Probably something unprintable.) To be fair, Holmes was a medical doctor, and the statement was probably based on his experience with his patients.

stacyd1987

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I definetely agree with the quote although that does apply to my husband sometimes when he does what he please.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hehehe....I don't remember where I saw that one before, but I promptly made that an away message on my instant messanger!
That and "If worms had guns, birds wouldn't mess with them."
May not apply to every person....sure applies to some!

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Zane's Pal

Then there's this old one:

Oh the sadness of a woman when she's sad!
Oh the gladness of a woman when she's glad!
But the sadness of her sadness,
And the gladness of her gladness,
Are as nothing to her badness when she's bad!

Oliver Wendell Holmes, Sr.'s definition of a woman: "A constipated biped with a backache." (What Mrs. Holmes said to this, I don't know. Probably something unprintable.) To be fair, Holmes was a medical doctor, and the statement was probably based on his experience with his patients.
...and don't forget that women in that time wore corsets and very tight pointy shoes.

I LOVE that Heinlein quote. Very true IMO.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
^ Actually the following sentence and paragraphs points out how women are in charge. (The character is a consort to an Empress) He has plenty of strong independent female characters, as well.

Interesting how when you take something out of context it can be interpreted so differently. Aside from that, had it been derogatory his wife probably would have boxed his ears.