Calico quirks

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sydney is by far the strangest kitties I've ever been owned by...maybe it's a calico thing??

But this is by far the strangest thing I've ever seen a cat do.

She hates people kisses...I think she thinks we are dirty creatures and our lips don't belong near her beautiful face
So all I have to do is pucker my lips up and make a smooching sound and she'll gag! (of course I don't do this to her on a regular basis) but has anyone ever heard of this??

lionessrampant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No, but my Gracie Buckets is, by far, the most insane kitty around these parts. She's just a strange bird. She loooooves underwear, she manages, reverse houdini-style, to get herself stuck in my securely closed dresser (yeah, I have to lock her out of our bedroom now!) and she has a personal vendetta against the glass doors on the bookcases that flank the fireplace.

She also comes when called by name, she purrs when we sing her little "song" (Graaacie, Graaaaaaacie Buckets!) and she says "please" for treats. So she's also our biggest sweetheart. And how can you resist her little face?! It's all eyes and cheeks!

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Frankie isn't a big fan of kisses either. She doesn't react to the drgee the Sydney does but if I pick her up and go to kiss her head/face she pulls back like I'm going to try and eat her. Wickett on the other hand doesn't mind kisses... even on the mouth and I love it. He's my snuggle buddy. Then there's the fact that Frankie is such a brat about closed doors. She's had LB issues for years and it's gotten better. I've made some changes and she's good all day. The problem is now when we're sleeping. I leave the door open when we go to bed but usually get up and close it between 1-4 am because that's when Wickett thinks we've slept enough and should dote on him. That's when Frankie pees on the kitchen floor... mind you she very very rarely comes to bed with us or visits durring the night. I think it's just that she doesn't like not having the option.

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a silly girl!

Riley isn't a huge fan of kisses, and usually squirms and tries to get away when I give him kisses, but now and then he will kiss me back.

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pookie-poo

How strange! My Cleo will mash the top of her head into my face if I pucker up and make kissy sounds!
This is what Molly does. She loves kisses and gives them back esp when your sleeping and she wants to eat.

deedeemay

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Arwen doesn't mind if you give her kisses, as she gives them back either on your nose or cheek...the odd occasion she will head butt at the same time

sibohan2005

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sibohan dosn't like kitty kisses either, she dosn't head butt either.... but she'a always been a bit standoffish when it comes to physical contact, she has to come to you not the other way around.

zenoah

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Lioness: Kisa May says please too

I ask Kisa for kisses because she has an unpridictable attitude. So I go up to her and say "Can I has kisses?" And she'll boop her nose on mine

At a shelter I use to work at, a kitten came in (Which I got to name Tora, japanese for tiger) and when I'd go to see her I'd open the cage door and go
"Tora, kiss kiss." And she'd come up and give kisses.

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ginger Cookie is SUCH a kissy girl!! Even if you don't want kisses, she does.
She loves getting kisses on top of her head and on her cheeks.

Her calico quirk is that she would really prefer to be on our shoulders, either as a kitty skarf or a feline parrot. Yes, it's really cute, but when she must get on my shoulders right after I get out of the shower...
Which reminds me...it's time to trim those claws again!

fifi1puss

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Zenoah

I ask Kisa for kisses because she has an unpridictable attitude. So I go up to her and say "Can I has kisses?" And she'll boop her nose on mine
Thats exactly what I do with Fiona. She can be moody
But so can I!
We make a good pair.

iced tei

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
That's adorable, haha. Silly little thing.

My baby boy used to love kisses, but now he just humors us. He kind of will just sit there, all exasperated, "Can I go nowwww mommmm?" Haha.