Please pray for Indie :(

ashleigh

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Please could the good people of TCS pray for my boy. I noticed he was unwell last night, not eating(not even his precious bicuits!) didn't go out..just very lethargic, glazed eyes and dry nose.

Took him to the vet and he has a kidney infecion, he has a very very high temprature and the vet said he is one sick little boy
he has to stay in all night (for now) he has to have a drip to flush his kidney, blood tests and a urine check to see the damage....the vet said most kidneys can be treated, but there are some that cannot and frankly I'm scared to death he'll die. I tried to take on board what the vet said but I was sobbing so much, has anyone else gone through this? any advice welcome, and prayers of course.

Thanks,Ash

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ashleigh

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thank you catpapa, I'll know more after 2pm. I just hope he isn't stressed he's never been away from me or his home overnight or his sister (who is distressed as she can't find him) I hope it doesn't bring him further down, though I think he said he'd give him something to calm him.

Thank you jamasmom,sorry just saw your post

catpapa

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The waiting is SO hard sometimes. But rest asured, he's in a place that can take care of him, no matter what happens. That always made me feel better. Please let us know as soon as you hear anything.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I understand why you are upset and scared for Indie.
A diagnosis like this can be a shock.

TCS has a sticky thread where members, who's kitties are having kidney issues, can share info about this complicated disease. I suggest that you take the time to scan the whole thread and follow some of the links posted, that led to other sites with excellent info. about labs, diet and treatment options.

http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=119727

I invite you to post about Indie in that thread too...
Sending lots of healing vibes to Indie and calming thoughts your way.

ashleigh

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thank you guys
he's only 3 yers old so hopefully age will be on his side, and you're right the waiting, especially when alone is awful!

ashleigh

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thank you xocats, much appreciated, and many thanks to everyone else, Susan thank you for the gift sweetie mwah.

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope the news is good and that INdie is home soon. It is so awful when our babies are sick, but it is great that you obviously noticed it early on - it gives him the best chance possible.

ashleigh

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Still no news, rang the vets but the vet is in theatre so will have to call m later. The nurse could only tell me Indie isn't stressed, he's sleeping, on the drip and is warm and has food and water.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sending more healing vibes Indie's way.

ashleigh

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Ok he's rang!

He said he has pancreatitis(sp?) but he also does have a problem with his kidney...he has pain relief and obviously still on the drip but responding well and is quite content.

The good news is the blood sample shows no damage or anything very abnormal and kidneys are functioning well
In reply to my question will he be ok, I was told he will be fine..will know more in due course about pancreatitis, but with antibiotics hopefully all will be well......the vet did add that Indie is content, but he said I need to now be at that level too with a laugh, he saw my blubbering self in his surgery

Will let you know more when I do...but thank you everyone from the bottom of my heart

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am so glad that Indie's kidneys are functioning well.

After doing a google search, I read that Pancreatitis can be acute or chronic (acute cases can reverse completely)...

Soon your sweetie pie will be back in your loving arms.

Thanks for keeping us updated.

catpapa

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hooray! What great news.

And by the way, you weren't waiting alone. We were waiting too ya know.