Revolution "all in one" issue..anyone else?

cathaus

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Our vet recommended using Revolution on our cats months ago. At first it seemed to work wonders but now I'm noticing an increasing number of fleas on our indoor/outdoor cats. We are religious with flea treatments and vacuum often since my dog is allergic to fleas. I didn't have this problem with Advantage, has anyone else been seeing the same kind of tolerance in fleas with Revolution?

We prefer the Rev. over Adv. mainly because it has the heartworm, fleas, ticks and mosquito repellent, Adv. only covers fleas, ticks (and mosquitos?). We won't mind going back to pay the extra for heartguard, but it's getting a bit ridiculous :\\

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cathaus

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

Over time, a flea preventative can stop working, I believe.
Is it usually common to switch every few months then? Say for 3-4 months use Revolution, for example, then switch to Advantage, then back again?

Thanks

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don't know. I haven't regularly used flea preventative until I developed a flea problem. I was quite embarassed, and used Revolution for 5 months straight.....no issues.

I'm not the person to ask....hopefully someone who knows will come along.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cathaus

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

I don't know. I haven't regularly used flea preventative until I developed a flea problem. I was quite embarassed, and used Revolution for 5 months straight.....no issues.

I'm not the person to ask....hopefully someone who knows will come along.
We'll be headed to the Vet on Monday anyway to get Genesis and Olley checked up for their annual so I will ask then, too.