The silliest cat in the world.

mschauer

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Jeta loves to be brushed. Today I was brushing Zara and Jeta comes and tries to stick her head under the brush while I'm using it on Zara.
Jeta has very short fur and really doesn't need to be brushed but I do it anyway just cuz she likes it so much. This is just one example of why I think she deserves the title of Silliest Cat in the World.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mschauer

Jeta loves to be brushed. Today I was brushing Zara and Jeta comes and tries to stick her head under the brush while I'm using it on Zara.
Jeta has very short fur and really doesn't need to be brushed but I do it anyway just cuz she likes it so much. This is just one example of why I think she deserves the title of Silliest Cat in the World.
That's not silly, that's great! I cannot tell you how many people would like their cat to come and be brushed and like it. Mine does, too. When I call him, he come and jumps up on the washer to be combed. He's not silly, well not when it comes to grooming.

jellybella

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
that's cute
I wish my shorthair would ask to be brushed...she runs away like the comb is on fire, then she pukes up a hairball
and oh golly, don't ask what the shedding is like in the spring

Stanley, with all that fur, never gets hairballs because he lets us brush him every day.

deedeemay

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Brandy loves his fur being brushed! And I think it's great that he does, it's not very often he has cuddles from anyone (as he isn't really a cuddly cat!)

But when I get the chance to, I get the brush out for him, and he will either lay across my knees to have his back and sides done, or on the floor for a quick tummy brush. He adores it that much that he normally purrs really loudly halfway through, it is so sweet!
And he will sometimes swipe at the brush when you have finished to say that he hasn't had enough!

It's a pity the other two run and hide when the brush comes out, they can't stand it

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The brush thing at least makes sense. One of my cats comes running every time I get anywhere near the table in the front hall where resides....a whisk broom! Yes, we don't "groom" our cat, we "broom" him!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mschauer

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mrblanche

The brush thing at least makes sense. One of my cats comes running every time I get anywhere near the table in the front hall where resides....a whisk broom! Yes, we don't "groom" our cat, we "broom" him!

OK, I have the second silliest cat in the world!

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Perhaps only the third.

We had a cat name Truman (Truman Catpootie, after another small, big-mouthed fellow of dubious sexuality) who had several "loves" that we found odd. When we brought home groceries, he'd love to get in the plastic bags. He would lie in one until we picked it up by the handles and started tickling him. He'd thrash around until his legs, one by one, would break through the bag. He'd keep it up until the bag failed and he'd drop to the floor. Then he'd go to the next bag.

And he liked brooms, too. After our first cat, who had been terrified of brooms, we found this a little odd. But if you started sweeping, he'd be there in a few seconds to "help" by attacking the broom. We would end up pushing him all over the kitchen with the broom, like a furry quoit, and he'd always come back for more.

And I probably shouldn't even mention that when we'd buy new blue jeans, he would hear us pulling the sticky tags off them and come running. He would rub up against us until we'd stick one of those tags on him. Then he'd dance around getting it off. When he got it off, he'd wait for us to put it back on him, until the sticker was so fur-covered it wouldn't stick any more.

Sadly, Truman died at about 6 years old, possibly due to a fall while we were out of the house, or possibly due to a stroke, but it left one leg paralyzed and he went downhill from there.

I won't start with our first cat, who loved chocolate chip cookies (the cookie, not the chips), and always wanted to lick the sweat off our Coke cans.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mschauer

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
All right! All right! So she's not the silliest cat in the world! She's not the second silliest cat in the world! She's probably not even the third silliest cat in the world!

She is an awfully darn silly kitty.

dina

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My old kitty used to do the same thing....he just loved to be brushed. everytime i would take the brush out he would go ballistic heheh i loved it...

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
They're all silly. I've never met one that doesn't do something that is just totally off the wall.

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mrblanche

They're all silly. I've never met one that doesn't do something that is just totally off the wall.

That's what makes them so adorable & irresistable - all those silly little individual quirks!

~KK~