K-Pants... In the Beginning

kaete

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
We adopted Kit as a semi-feral 7-ish week-old kitten. These pictures were taken 2 days after we brought him home. He weighed 2.5 lbs, and he was the cutest darn thing I'd ever seen...

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can see the shadow striping in his fur. Is that still there or was that just a characteristic of him as a kitten?

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Very cute kitten and I just love the name too. Blacks in the right light will almost always have some tabby markings. As the fur gets thicker, it disappears - just means that a parent or grandparent was a tabby.

Tabby is pretty dominate in all cats; I think that every cat is really some sort of tabby and that's why you get a lot of cats that have "ghost" markings

sakura

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
so cute! He looks like he is holding on to everything for dear life!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kaete

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
His ghost markings have mostly disappeared. They're still visible, faintly, in certain lights. The "rust" color on him is mostly gone, too. Without looking really closely, he looks solid black, except for a tiny white spot on his chest

As for personality....
He's into everything[/I! And he's not really a lap cat; never has been. He'd rather be by you than on you. He's too smart for his own good - he can open doors, cabinets, etc. And oddly enough, he loves water. He plays in the tub after we're done, splashes in his water bowl, and paws at anything remotely wet

He's also become a biter, unfortunately, and nothing really seems to deter him. It's all in play, though, and he has mellowed a bit with age.

birdsong123

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kaete

As for personality....
He's into everything[/I! And he's not really a lap cat; never has been. He'd rather be by you than on you. He's too smart for his own good - he can open doors, cabinets, etc. And oddly enough, he loves water. He plays in the tub after we're done, splashes in his water bowl, and paws at anything remotely wet

That's so interesting....Milo here loves to jump in the tub when it's wet, too. When my son is in the shower, he tries to go right in, lol.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kaete

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Birdsong123

That's so interesting....Milo here loves to jump in the tub when it's wet, too. When my son is in the shower, he tries to go right in, lol.
Kit's done that! He likes to stand between the curtain and the liner when I'm in there, and he's ventured into the tub, too. He also likes to splash in the water when I'm taking a bath
If you don't let him in while you're in the shower, he'll sit outside the door and cry until you open it.