Love bites?

mom2raven

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Raven has been a pretty aloof cat, not timid, just not that friendly. After her shots she seemed to get friendlier, she jumps on my lap and purrs sometimes. Lately she will jump on me and purr like mad and then bite me. What is going on?

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is it just a little pinch with her teeth? Probably a love bite. What other physical signs are there? Is she relaxed or tense? Twitchy tail or just lazy flipping? Etc.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mom2raven

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
relaxed and just a normal tail and purring like mad.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mom2raven

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rosiemac

Awwww she loves you!
Does she give you a quick lick after as well?.
She is not much of a licker, Jack however is obsessed with licking my face.

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mom2raven

relaxed and just a normal tail and purring like mad.
Yeah, it's a love nip. They feel so strongly they don't know where to put it!

I even had a really shy kitty do that to me - rolling around, purring, going crazy and she grabbed my hand with her front paws and pinched me with her teeth. Actually, I was thrilled!

And then she gave me some kisses on my hand!

lnbandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awwww, my Momo loves to follow me into the bathroom, wriggle between my legs and nip my calves. It is so funny because when I look at him, he looks away as if to say "I didn't do anything!" Don't you love, love bites?

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lnbandcats

Awwww, my Momo loves to follow me into the bathroom, wriggle between my legs and nip my calves. It is so funny because when I look at him, he looks away as if to say "I didn't do anything!" Don't you love, love bites?
Chip gives me 'love' bites... but i wish he wouldn't - they hurt! maybe 'cause they're on my jaw?

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tomas pinches me too. Palm, back of my hand, neck, and chin. I hate it, but like him licking me so I can't make him stop the bitting as in his mind they're one in the same.

He knows I don't like it, I usually pry his mouth off me or blow in his face to make him let go. He doesn't just nip me though, he pinches and just sits there till I remove him....I think it's a game to him.

chloekitty98

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It's love!
My kitty Snickelfritz (rip) used to do that alot...especially with my dad whom he adored.

robertb

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I had a cat who liked to do that too, but you had to be careful, because he didn't acquire one of his many nicknames, Saber-Toothed Buddy, for nothing.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Both my kitties give me little nips sometimes while I"m petting them. It doesn't hurt and there are no nails involved. It's just a "nibble" with their front teeth.