Had to rescue cat from evil paper bag

jaws808

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My almost 1 year old Maine Coon named Dale just had a horrible freak out at the expense of a paper bag. This paper bag was making him curious as usual, and in the process of pouncing on it he somehow got his head through one of the twine handles. Now he started freaking out and running at top speed around the apartment, dragging this paper bag behind him attached at the neck through the handle. I mean balls-to-the-wall, flying from the couch to the table, full-on, escape mode. He thought a terrible creature was going to eat him. After a minute or so I caught him, removed the bag, and it was fine. That was about as intense as you can get with a housecat.

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Persil did that once with a plastic bag full of rubbish and fled up and down three flights of stairs in panic, dropping waste as she went. Now I cut the handles of all bags before storing them.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Jaws808

My almost 1 year old Maine Coon named Dale just had a horrible freak out at the expense of a paper bag. This paper bag was making him curious as usual, and in the process of pouncing on it he somehow got his head through one of the twine handles. Now he started freaking out and running at top speed around the apartment, dragging this paper bag behind him attached at the neck through the handle. I mean balls-to-the-wall, flying from the couch to the table, full-on, escape mode. He thought a terrible creature was going to eat him. After a minute or so I caught him, removed the bag, and it was fine. That was about as intense as you can get with a housecat.
This sounds to me like a normal, well adjusted cat!

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yes, Cindy was chased by a paper bag when she was small, too. They are evil. They lie in wait for unsuspecting kitties.

faith's_mom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by rapunzel47

Yes, Cindy was chased by a paper bag when she was small, too. They are evil. They lie in wait for unsuspecting kitties.
And yet they still LOVE playing in them!! Our Martha got stuck in the handle of a plastic Walmart bag one time; she didn't even care, really; she would turn around and attack it everyonce in a while as it 'followed' her, but it was the other cats that were freaking out trying to figure out just why on earth she had that noisy monster dragging behind her! Poor Martha kept following them; she couldn't understand why no one liked her anymore!!! Eventually I had to take the bag off of her, to spare my houseplants...the other kitties were eyeballing an escape to a high bookshelf that had plants on it...

widexawake

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I don't think I have had a cat yet that has not managed to get 'attacked' by the evil bags.
One thing I don't understand is why our kitties think that backing up is going to get them out of everything

novemberflowers

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Both of my cats have gotten a plastic bag stuck to them and man is that a destructive minute or so as they try to get the bag off.

cabelle1863

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Poor baby.
A friend of mine had a kitty that seemed to love being "attacked" by paper or plastic bags. He'd tear around the house as though he was terrified. Yet if my friend stepped in and removed the handle from around Kitty's neck, the cat would stop and complain until my friend set the bag back down so he could do it again. Our kitties are entertained by the oddest things.