My DH Could have been arrested!!

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday, when I went and got the mail, there was a letter from Hertz Rent-a-car. I almost didn't open it, thinking it was an advertisement. It was addressed to my DH but he always wants me to open his mail for him.

Well, it wasn't an ad... It was a letter asking my DH why he didn't return the car he had rented on Jan 7th in Las Vegas! Amost 300 miles from where we live! And DH does not drive anymore! They were getting ready to report this to our local police!

Well, I called them this morning. After asking several questions... it turns out to be a different person with the same name! The guy was 8 yrs younger than my hubby and since we don't have a credit card, we wouldn't even be able to rent a car with them.

I hate to think what would have happened if I hadn't opened the letter! My hubby may have been arrested!

I just wonder if that person with the same name is the same guy that is the dead beat dad. We got a letter for him regarding back child support a couple of years ago, and some lady called telling me my hubby got her pregnant (My hubby cannot have kids and has never been able to have kids)

The moral is.... always open your mail... even if you think it is an advertisement!

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, opening your mail is important! But I learned long ago never to listen to the dr's when they say you cant have kids! I got 3! Was never ever suppose to even have 1!! But that other guy could have got your DH in alot of trouble! Its good to know that theres someone else with that name! If you can get his addy or other info you might be able to pass it on to the post office, or where ever it happens to be needed! If this guy is a deadbeat he's going to take advantage of having things going to your addy!

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You might consider putting a statement on your credit file about this person in case creditors this person's info gets on your file.

sibohan2005

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
wow... that's crazy.

Your husband might want to start siging things with his middle name just to keep things straight. With all the identity theft going on he's very lucky.

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my goodness!!!!

At least you could have sued them for arresting him for no reason!!! Shoot! You could have got some good money!!!

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sibohan2005

wow... that's crazy.

Your husband might want to start siging things with his middle name just to keep things straight. With all the identity theft going on he's very lucky.
Oh yeah, I didn't even think about identity theft. I would do something about it. There are a lot of people out there with the same name so something is fishy about that......I would be careful that's for sure!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The lady on the phone admitted they made a mistake. They did an internet search for the address got my hubby's. We don't have credit cards because of our credit. We have bad credit (judgement against him, foreclosure against me)
We pay cash for everything!