OMG he's driving me nuts

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It's amazing the things you fight about when you're married.

We have the movie "The Painted Veil" in our Netflix queue. DH says we've seen it. I know I haven't. I like Edward Norton, and would remember seeing him in a movie. I would remember SEEING a movie that was only released in the last 2 years.

He can tell me pretty much the whole plot, and keeps trying to tell me I saw it with him because it's not the sort of movie he would choose. We just watched a trailer, and nothing is familiar, but he is STILL trying to say I've seen it!

I told him he must have watched it with his girlfriend.

He possibly watched it on one of his international flights - he can't remember where he saw it but is still SURE that I have seen it and have just blocked it from my mind or something... This about the 3rd time we've argued about it.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
haha, my fight with itta, is mostley about her family, and durian fruit that she likes,,

god that stuff stinks.

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
OMG Andrew does that too????? Earl does that to me all the time. OK, he's worked from home while I have worked outside of home for years now. So he watches a lot more movies, especially movies on cable, than I do. But he SWEARS that I have seen (whatever movie we're talking about) since he saw it, and he KNOWS we watched it together.

I'm not sure why he thinks I completely forget 2 hour time blocks of my life like that, but he does. And I'm not sure why he thinks I would lie about it either.

Isn't it just infuriating and mindboggling???

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Leave it on the queue or bump it up, and then watch it by yourself if he's going to complain. No one is forcing him to rewatch it.
My DH has requested movies I've seen before or just am not interested in watching, I figure it's his time to do whatever he wants - I can go read or lurk around here.

I'll admit I have 10-20 minute memory gaps now and then (I'm blaming the NCS
), but never 2 whole hours... unless I was sleeping.

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My DH does that to me too! He says we watched it together and Im like, IVE NEVER SEEN IT!! He doesn't ever watch law n order and I do, and he will say as soon as it comes on OH IVE SEEN THIS ONE! So he can change the channel when it says at the top of the DVR screen NEW! Its like EEEEEEEEEERGGGGGG!!! I think he only does that stuff so he gets to do what he wants! He's on the road alot and they have a vcr/dvd player and tv set up in the truck so they watch alot of movies!

jellybella

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by strange_wings

Leave it on the queue or bump it up, and then watch it by yourself if he's going to complain. No one is forcing him to rewatch it.
My DH has requested movies I've seen before or just am not interested in watching, I figure it's his time to do whatever he wants - I can go read or lurk around here.

The new martial minefield that is netflix
Right now there are two netflix movies sitting on top of the TV that I have no interest in watching...in exchange, he agreed that I could push Sixteen Candles up in the queue --which I was going to do anyway
Lots of times I just fall asleep when he gets a movie I'm not interested in...

lillekat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Funny ,it's the other way around with us and we're not even married yet!! Most of the time though we don't fight - apart from when I've maybe bought a bag of those jelly fried eggs. He says they stink!
They really do, but that's not going to make me admit that or stop me eating them!

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We rent different movies -he likes certain genres that I don't so then I will pick up a movie that the rental place and he will tell me he saw that before. Oh well nothing I can do about that!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by valanhb

I'm not sure why he thinks I completely forget 2 hour time blocks of my life like that, but he does. And I'm not sure why he thinks I would lie about it either.

Isn't it just infuriating and mindboggling???
Men, honestly

Originally Posted by strange_wings

He has no problem with watching it again - for a start he's sure he'll be proved right once I start watching it.

Originally Posted by JellyBella

The new martial minefield that is netflix
Right now there are two netflix movies sitting on top of the TV that I have no interest in watching...in exchange, he agreed that I could push Sixteen Candles up in the queue --which I was going to do anyway
Lots of times I just fall asleep when he gets a movie I'm not interested in...
Haha, I love Netflix and the politics it causes...

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My s/o never tells me what movies I've watched, but he does have this annoying habit of naming every actor/actress who's in the movie - like I already don't know.
"That's Mel Gibson: he was in the movie Bird On A Wire, Signs", etc. "That's Goldie Hawn: she was also in Bird On A Wire, and Death Becomes Her with Bette Midler". And on and on and on.

If I want a movie commentary, I'll go to the IMDB..

~KK~

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

I told him he must have watched it with his girlfriend.
DW and I have the same disputes. She always tells me I must have seen it with my ex. I know for a fact that I have seen it with her. We both know that we are right but we always end up watching it anyway.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I try not to watch movies with my hubby. He talks and makes comments through the whole thing and we have to rewind all the time. A 2 hour movie can take 3 hours to watch if I want to hear all the dialogue.

But, I have to admit I've rented movies before which he told me we've already seen - and he was right. After a couple minutes into the movie I realize we did see it before.

ping

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
**Holds hand up** I am guilty of that. But I hit the no name people that hubby does not recognize. Then he remembers and asks how I can do that.

Originally Posted by KittKatt

My s/o never tells me what movies I've watched, but he does have this annoying habit of naming every actor/actress who's in the movie - like I already don't know.
"That's Mel Gibson: he was in the movie Bird On A Wire, Signs", etc. "That's Goldie Hawn: she was also in Bird On A Wire, and Death Becomes Her with Bette Midler". And on and on and on.

If I want a movie commentary, I'll go to the IMDB..

~KK~

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Ping

**Holds hand up** I am guilty of that. But I hit the no name people that hubby does not recognize. Then he remembers and asks how I can do that.
That's a different ballpark: if you're trying to be helpful b/c you know your s/o doesn't know who the person is, and you're trying to clarify it for them.

~KK~

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KittKatt

"That's Goldie Hawn: she was also in Bird On A Wire, and Death Becomes Her with Bette Midler".
I realized the mistake I made.
I should have said that Goldie Hawn was in Death Becomes Her with Meryl Streep - not Bette Midler.
I guess I was thinking of Goldie Hawn & Bette Midler in the movie The First Wives Club when I posted my response.

I guess I need more "lessons" from my s/o.

~KK~

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For me, it is a Thai restaurant. We went to one on Christmas a few years ago (we are Jewish). When we get there he tells me that he does not like Thai food and don't I remember that we tried it once? I told him that I never had Thai food with him. Today, we found out that a burger place that we wanted to try was going to reopen as a Thai restaurant. I told him that I knew that he didn't like Thai like we had on Christmas. He said that we had Thai one other evening with my girlfriends after work in SF. Yeah, right. He would have been the only male who didn't work in SF who went to dinner with me and my female friends. Yeah, right.