Need to vent!!!

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We don't run Microsoft products in our household. I use a Mac laptop and DH uses Linux.

One of my university subjects this semester has software that requires Windows, so I had to go out and buy Windows XP (I refuse to buy Vista), and put it on my Mac (my poor Mac is desecrated).

I'm in Windows at the moment because I'm doing the subject requiring Windows and was about to get started on an assignment nice and early and discovered that XP doesn't come with Office!!!

I didn't know that
Not only that, but every day so far I've had to restart the Mac while in Windows because of stupid critical updates. I HATE Microsoft!!!!!

I messaged DH asking him "what the heck", and he said "yeah, I know". He figured I'd be ok just rebooting back into the Mac OS any time I need to do an assignment. I need to do assignments based on the
software, I can't be rebooting every 5 minutes to write a bit more of my assigment.

Grrrr.

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Go to www.openoffice.org

It's another Linux group that offers "Office-like" software for free. You can also change the save as file type to work with Word Docs...or you can PDF the documents.

I personally like the software.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by lunasmom

Go to www.openoffice.org

It's another Linux group that offers "Office-like" software for free. You can also change the save as file type to work with Word Docs...or you can PDF the documents.

I personally like the software.
Hey, I forgot about OpenOffice! I've only ever used it under Linux, I didn't realise you could use it for Windows?

That's awesome, I'll just use that.

Thanks!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Woohoo! Installed and just starting the assignment