Peeing on down?

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
When a cat is going outside of a litterbox, it is often indicative of a medical problem.

I suggest you have a urine sample tested for a UTI by your vet. Also get your kitty vet checked, they may appear healthy on the outside & not be.

Is s/he spayed/neutered?

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've never heard of down stuffing being a spraying target......Then I have never had problems with any of my kitties going outside the box.

graciecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

When a cat is going outside of a litterbox, it is often indicative of a medical problem.

I suggest you have a urine sample tested for a UTI by your vet. Also get your kitty vet checked, they may appear healthy on the outside & not be.

Is s/he spayed/neutered?
I agree with Nat.
If your kitty has used the litter box before and has just all of a sudden started peeing outside the box a Vet trip is in order.

Also have there been any changes in your household?
Sometimes things like that will stress a kitty out and cause them to stop using the litter box.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Apparently it's pretty common in kittens. My cats breeder told me to make sure they knew the litterbox location before letting them near a down quilt.

jellybella

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, you can see the allure of it...soft, warm...I have heard it is a common thing for kitties to pee on, then again we all know that beds in general are a common target...if any of my kitties peed on the bed, they'd go straight to the vet...