a cat like floor more than bed?!

cattiew

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
hi everyone

i have always heard that kitties like warm beds and places to sleep. but my boy he prefers the floor to bed!!!
is he only trying to catch my attention since i always "take" him to bed when i see him lying on the floor. however, he would then go back to the floor again instead of staying in bed!! is it possible that my bed is too warm or he simply doesn't like going into the bed with me and prefer on the floor? u don't mind if he wants to sleep in somewhere else warm and i have prepares a lot of "hiding places" for him to sleep. but the floor is so cold and it's not good for him to sleep on the floor. is there any problem for him to do this? should just let him do whatever he wants or should i give him more attention ( he already got a lot of it!!)?

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cattiew;2184523 said:
hi everyone

i have always heard that kitties like warm beds and places to sleep. but my boy he prefers the floor to bed!!!quote]

I see that you have two cats. Persi always used to sleep on the bed until Alley came. Now Alley claims the bed and Persi usually sleeps on the floor. They used to sleep on the bed together. I think it is a matter of frustration. Perhaps you have the same situation?

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Cattiew

hi everyone

i have always heard that kitties like warm beds and places to sleep. but my boy he prefers the floor to bed!!!:
My 2 girls prefer to sleep under the bed at night. But as soon as they hear me stirring about, they jump up and play "Queen of the Mountain"

pippen

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My cat doesn't like sleeping with me on the bed at all but he likes sleeping near me. Sometimes he finds himself a cozy spot, and othertimes he favors cool spots like the floor, near the cold air return, or on a windowsill of a cold window.

I've learned to respect that there's a lot about him that is different from what I expected cats to be like.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ours seem to like the floor more then the bed or couch. Charlie usually sleeps in bed (bottom) with us, but Ling likes the floor at the bottom of the steps. Neither of them really use the cat beds around the house.

hank_n_angel

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Both of my cats like sleeping on the bed, but they don't unless they are the only cat on the bed. Also Hank likes blankets and stuff, and Angel likes plain mattress with no blankets or pillows under her
They also like to sleep under the coffee table aka hamster cage stand that is near the bed, this is where Angle ushally sleeps if Hank jumps on the bed.