second opinion

xlaydeextaniax

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
what would you class Glamorous's "fur color" as? she's a Domestic Shorthair, but in the "cat page's, am unsure what to put as "fur color".

worriedmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Probably Bicolored(Mask-and-Mantle). Tuxedo is when the cat is black all over except for white under neck and on paws and some times nose area.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

xlaydeextaniax

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Worriedmommy

Probably Bicolored(Mask-and-Mantle). Tuxedo is when the cat is black all over except for white under neck and on paws and some times nose area.
thank's for that!

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Black/White Bicolor. Tuxedo is not the proper label. Any cat that is 2 solid colors is a bicolor - one color has to be white (in any amount); the other is either black, blue, red, cream, chocolate, lilac (in any amount).

The only exception would be the "Van" cats - color is restricted to top of head, tail and one or two body spots. If its more color then that, its a bicolor.

Also the other extreme of almost all color and a very small amount of white would not be considered a bicolor but a solid color (say black) with a locket of white on the chest or some white toes.

Even a "Van" would still be a bicolor, you'd just use the term Van or Van Bicolor.

worriedmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

Black/White Bicolor. Tuxedo is not the proper label. Any cat that is 2 solid colors is a bicolor - one color has to be white (in any amount); the other is either black, blue, red, cream, chocolate, lilac (in any amount).

The only exception would be the "Van" cats - color is restricted to top of head, tail and one or two body spots. If its more color then that, its a bicolor.

Also the other extreme of almost all color and a very small amount of white would not be considered a bicolor but a solid color (say black) with a locket of white on the chest or some white toes.

Even a "Van" would still be a bicolor, you'd just use the term Van or Van Bicolor.
I learn something new every day. Thanks for explaining that.

xlaydeextaniax

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

thank's for sharing that! i learnt something new

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OK, so this may sound stupid, but what about cats (like my Jordan & maggie) who are white with tabby markings?

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If they are white with tabby markings then they would be classifed as a Tabby with White.

For example (Maine coon classes):

Solid - black, blue, white, etc.
Bicolor - black/white, blue/white, etc.
Tabby - brown, blue, red, silver
Tabby/White - brown, blue, red, silver

Does that help?

xlaydeextaniax

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rang_27

OK, so this may sound stupid, but what about cats (like my Jordan & maggie) who are white with tabby markings?
i've got a kitty like that called Sabrina, she live's at my mum's place though

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

If they are white with tabby markings then they would be classifed as a Tabby with White.

For example (Maine coon classes):

Solid - black, blue, white, etc.
Bicolor - black/white, blue/white, etc.
Tabby - brown, blue, red, silver
Tabby/White - brown, blue, red, silver

Does that help?
Thank you. That was kind of what I thought. I don't really care, I just call them cute!

xlaydeextaniax

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rang_27

Thank you. That was kind of what I thought. I don't really care, I just call them cute!
& your kitty's are very cute