Snickers has a new enemy...the ceiling fan!

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have a ceiling fan in our family room that basically runs 24/7. We do turn it off when we are leaving for work, but we normally turn it off after the pups are all in their crates. Tonight, it got a little too breezy with it on, so we turned it off. Snickers was fine...until it started slowing down. I guess she never watched it slowly stop before. First she stared at it, then started growling. Then she just started barking her head off, standing up on her hind legs trying to "get" it! In between barks, she just looked at me like "Mommy....DO SOMETHING!!".

After it stopped all the way, she just sat and stared at it, growling occasionally. Just to see what she would do, I turned it back on. As soon as it started turning, she laid her head down, but when I turned it back off a few minutes later the whole drama started again! All night, she has had to check to see if it was turning. It's like she's now obsessed with it! I have such a weird dog....

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Essayons89

That is too funny. I can picture in my head what she looks like doing that.
Oh yeah, it was hilarious! Especially with the "lab look" she kept giving me. It is off today and she is fine with it. She is my little "care taker" so maybe she thought it was dying?? Who knows what goes on in my animals' minds!

sweet72947

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Its probably the flicker. When the fan goes slow, the dog can see the flicker of the fan blades, and it unsettles her. The same thing happens to cows..I heard a story where the cows wouldn't walk under the fan while it was moving slowly.