Have you ever blamed your cat(s)...

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
...for something you did?

I have. There was a "priceless" statue on the mantel that I somehow managed to knock over one day and it broke into a zillion pieces. I blamed it on to Persi even though we had never seen Persi on the mantel before. Evidentally I have gotten away with it, but surely DW must think it's odd that she has never seen Persi on the mantel.

tari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You better hope she doesn't see this thread...

I don't think I've ever blamed the boys for anything...they get into enough trouble all by themselves.

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No not for something I did....I am sure they would seek revenge for something like that.

However I have a tendancy to blame everything that gets broken on Linus whether or not he's responsible, although he usually is.

He's a bit of a kitty rebel

yayi

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by bnwalker2

No, it's more like the other way around... I've taken the blame for them breaking things more than once!
You are not the only one.

beck4582

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Tari

You better hope she doesn't see this thread...

I don't think I've ever blamed the boys for anything...they get into enough trouble all by themselves.
Pepper gets herself into trouble all on her own, too

xlaydeextaniax

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi & Alley

...for something you did?

I have. There was a "priceless" statue on the mantel that I somehow managed to knock over one day and it broke into a zillion pieces. I blamed it on to Persi even though we had never seen Persi on the mantel before. Evidentally I have gotten away with it, but surely DW must think it's odd that she has never seen Persi on the mantel.
LOL! aww, i've never blamed anything on my girl's

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don't blame them for anything serious. DH can sometimes be frustrated by the number of cats in this household.

However, they are blamed anytime either one of us passes gas. Who ever is closest gets the blame. It's been a long standing joke between us old married farts.

Asteria

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't think so. They're mischievous enough as it is.

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Momofmany

I don't blame them for anything serious. DH can sometimes be frustrated by the number of cats in this household.

However, they are blamed anytime either one of us passes gas. Who ever is closest gets the blame. It's been a long standing joke between us old married farts.

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well, I haven't, but my husband "blames" them for certain things...especially like turning up the heat or turning down the AC. I want to keep the temperature at the same spot, and generally will regulate my own comfort with layers, especially in the winter. But oh no - I'll come home and it's ROASTING in there, and he tells me "But Ophelia was cold, I had to turn up the heat." Um, yeah. She has a FUR COAT, I'm sure she's fine.

Right now, though, Mojo gets blamed for just about everything. 95% of the time she is to blame. She's a stinker!

faith's_mom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Not that I recall...mine cause enough trouble for themselves!!!Lol!!!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When MIL from hell was here the last time, she brought with her the most HIDEOUS coffee mug ever and insisted on leaving it for us because she didn't think we were capable of buying our own coffee mugs

She was such a nasty little wench when she was here that after she left i couldn't stand the site of the horrid mug, so i "accidently" broke it and when Colin asked what happened to it, i told him Kojak knoced it into the floor and it broke.
He never questioned me
Kojak is constantly into everything so he totally beliveed me .

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Guilty!!! Ive blamed them for changing the channel and stuff like that!! DH never believes me though! (GEE I WONDER WHY!!)

mawilouwl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Well, sometimes I really think they did something I'm guilty of! For example, if I can't find one earring, I'll start searching around the spots where my cats could have hide it (under the couch, the bed, etc), because I KNOW they played with it and lost it! How could I loose only one earring while the other is still on my desk, it has to be the cats! Then I see my reflection in the mirror and realise the other earing is still on my left ear...Ah, well! But it's all in my head, I don't yell at them or anything for these stuffs (even if they were guilty, I'm still the one that left the earring unattended on my desk!).