Ring, phone, ring!!

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm waiting for the results of a culture they docs did of an infection in my incision. My doc said he'd ring on Sunday, but didn't call, so he SHOULD ring today.

They were going to "grow" it, then treat what they grow with the antibiotics they're giving me to make sure it works. My doc was skiing in Tahoe for the weekend, so he either didn't have cell phone coverage, or they're still waiting on results or they are still trying to find an antibiotic to kill the infection...

I hate waiting.

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You know darn well the only time they will call is when it is most inconvenient for you to answer the phone - like on the toilet? -

iced tei

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ohmy.
I'm so sorry. I know how stressful that kind of waiting can be. I hope they call soon.

Anti-Stress vibes coming your way. And wishes for lots of good news.

emrldsky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gemlady

You know darn well the only time they will call is when it is most inconvenient for you to answer the phone - like on the toilet? -
That's where cordless phones are great.
Even cell phones.

for a phone call soon!!!

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Its hard to comprehend that they haven't called you yet. Did they mention how lon gthe culture would take to grow out??

katz4life

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Waiting is the worst - especially for an important results like that!
Tons of For them to finally call you!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I called this morning to nag them, and the results were in, but the clinic coordinator can't read the results - she could only tell me it looked like there was some staph there. She said she'd get someone to call me back. Still waiting!!!!!

I assume I'm going to have to wait until the end of the day once they actually get time to lok at all the results.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's good that you called to nag them, that's often what has to be done to get them to even call you back. You should have threatened to call again later.

I hope the bacteria isn't resistant, hopefully you'll just need a weird antibiotic for it and that will be it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
So apprently it is the non-scary staph - same as I had last time. It's supposed to be treated by the antibiotics I'm on, but it didn't clear it up last time, so they're thinking about trying something else and will get back to me.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

So apprently it is the non-scary staph - same as I had last time. It's supposed to be treated by the antibiotics I'm on, but it didn't clear it up last time, so they're thinking about trying something else and will get back to me.
Maybe they need to be giving you a topical antibiotic cream to use in addition to the pills.