New guy checkin' in

eightfive

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi everyone, I just found this forum today, I have 6 cats, yes 6, I didnt really choose to have that many it just happened

I only had 1 for 10 years, I found him as a newborn, apparantly abandoned by his mother, I heard him screaming and went to look expecting to find a full grown cat it was so loud, luckily I knew someone who had a cat with a new litter, she took him in and I got him back after he was weined

The other 5 are a different story, my neighbor kept bringing dogs and cats home, and not caring for them properly, he would leave for days at a time and leave them with no food or water, no houses for the dogs tied up to trees etc, the authorities would not do anything but give him warnings, finally he was evicted and abandoned the cats, I got them spayed/nuetered except for 1 and kept them outside, the 1 was pregnant so we took her in and let her have her kittens, she had six, we adopted 5 of them out and kept one

one day a dog from the neighborhood got loose and came onto our porch and attacked one of the cats, he would up with a broken shoulder blade (scapula?) and we had to have his arm amputated
1 inch higher and he would be dead, after that we decided if we were going to keep them they had to stay inside, Im having some issues with them now as anyone with more than a few cats can imagine, hoping Ill learn how to cope with some of them by reading here.

bonnie1965

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome to TCS! You will fit right in here
Thanks for saving all those wonderful cats. If you can, please post photos of them.

kaylacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome to TCS! I have 6 kitties too...plus 2 strays and an indoor/outdoor semi feral.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

eightfive

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
This is Bubba, he is the amputee, he gets around very well though

eightfive

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I forgot to mention, I have a pit bull also, she loves the kitties too

her she is cuddling with Callie

eightfive

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
This is the one Ive had for 10 years, he has a bit of a mean streak

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
welcome to TCS! i totally understand about not 'planning' to have 6, & it just happening. i never planned to have FIVE!
i was happy with my 4, but rescued a feral kitten, & haven't been able to rehome her... so i guess she's staying!

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Hi, welcome to TCS.

I am so glad that you and your furfamily have joined this wonderful community.

If you have questions about the site, just click on my username, send a private message with your question, I will get back to you asap. Make yourself at home. I'll see you around the site.

katz4life

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello & Welcome to the Cat Site!

Thats great that you have 6 cats - they are lucky kitties!

Hope to hear more about them someday!

Best Wishes to all of you! Enjoy the forums

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hola y bienvenido a TCS, ...Catulina
y Milky
te saludan!!!

(Translate: Hi and Welcome to TCS, Catulina and Milky say hello to you!!!...
)

See you on the forums!

babygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi and welcome to TCS!
We are so glad you have joined us!

If I can help you with any questions you have about the site, please click on my username and send me a message.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello, welcome to the best cat site around!

We have a lot of support and advice to give here. We also have a game called KatKwiz, which teaches you things about The Cat Site and also allows you to win lots of points. Just click on the here link below to learn more. Glad you decided to join us!