My soon to be Abyssinian kitten!

tamgirl99

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
This will be my first aby and I have been wanting one for over 11 years. Now seems to be the best time to bring her in with my current cat and labrador. She is a ruddy female named "Testarossa" by the breeder because she says she is a "Ferrari" of aby cats...hehe. Anyways, I get her the last weekend in March when she is four months old and I can't wait! If anyone has any advice on owning an aby, as compared with other cats, please share! Thanks!

Here she is with her daddy and brother. She's on the far left:

And here with all siblings:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tamgirl99

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lillypug

She is stunning. I would love to see an Aby in person.
That's apparently all it takes to become addicted to them.
I have only ever seen one once over 11 years ago, sadly in a pet store, and fell completely in love with it. I've studied all about aby's since then knowing I would one day own one. I cannot wait!

I am a bit concerned as to how my 10 year old tabby is going to react. She's been around other cats before but not in the last three years and not one that shares her room with me. I think it will take some adjustment but she'll eventually be happier with a "sister". She used to love to play chase/wrestle with other cats we've lived with (roommies) so that's my main reason for getting one now. I'm hoping that it will help her to become active again since she is now obese.
I never planned to have two cats at once but for her health I thought it's now or never. The vet also agreed it was a good idea to get a second cat. Fingers crossed!

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OHHHH nice abys
We have an aby breeder in the forum. Good friend of mine - she lives overseas. Will get to meet her this year in the fall.

I own an Ocicat (which was developed from aby/siamese/american sh). They have the personality of the abys.

Be prepared for an ACTIVE cat who will entertain you and help you in all you do. Is your aby a pet or destined for the show ring?

tamgirl99

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

OHHHH nice abys
We have an aby breeder in the forum. Good friend of mine - she lives overseas. Will get to meet her this year in the fall.

I own an Ocicat (which was developed from aby/siamese/american sh). They have the personality of the abys.

Be prepared for an ACTIVE cat who will entertain you and help you in all you do. Is your aby a pet or destined for the show ring?
Hi GoldenKitty! She will be 100% pet and completely spoiled. It's funny that you mentioned your Ocicat because when I was showing my bf pics of abys we ran into an Ocicat pic and he thought they were the coolest thing. And he doesn't even care for cats much. Since he's dating me he has to though cause I'm a cat fanatic! I think he will enjoy abys since his problem with cats is that they aren't friendly and don't do anything. Boy will this girl change his mind. The breeder said that she is the kitten that's always first on the scene to attack when she gets a toy out. She said she also loves making four foot jumps when playing. My dog isn't going to know what to think of this cat.

mrjonah

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Wow, those ears are AMAZING!! I love the picture of them in the sun with those little bitty faces are huge ears.
She looks adorable - have fun!

tamgirl99

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thanks everyone! Yes, they are known for having large ears but they do get a bit more proportional as they grow. It seems to me like they are born with adult ears! Just look at them compared to their dad, they're about the same size.

estelle58

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
You're soo lucky... I would love to have an abby but right now with an Himalayan, 2 Siameses and a 2 months old Tonkinese I think my kitty family is complete... but one day...