updated pregnancy pics

theallis5

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi, all!
I am so interested in everyone's pics of their pregnant cats and eventually their litters. So, I thought I'd post some updated pics. We may still be a couple of weeks out, not sure. These were taken Saturday. Unfortunately, Pennie is a little camera shy, so these don't show her as well as I see her. Please post yours! -Jen

Here's a nipple shot (thought an experienced eye might be able to gauge something by it

fastnoc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Great pics! she's got a huge belly!

P.S. i like your tile

rotobay

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
What a beautiful cat!!! Any idea what dad looks like?

And sorry, can't help you with any nipple info. But she is definitely pregnant!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

theallis5

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
You're just sayin that!

I am soooo looking forward to her having these babies! I don't know what the dad looks like. She came to us pregnant. But, I saw her past litters when I picked her up, and they're beautiful!!
long hair, big, either white or black with the opposite color markings on their face and feet. We will be getting her spayed and fully vetted as soon as her babies are weaned. Poor thing, she grunts when she lays down. Reminds me of me pregnant. I don't want her to go through this again. She's such a peach, petite and loving. And, thanks for your encouraging words! -Jen

going nova

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by theallis5

Hi, all!
...Unfortunately, Pennie is a little camera shy, so these don't show her as well as I see her. Please post yours!
Your cat is pretty.

Here are some pics of Nova for comparison. She is at least 64 days pregnant today. (She came pregnant too!)

hurdyburdy

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
She is a pretty cat -- I am starting to really like the classic tabby pattern.

gaylemg

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I've seen those nipples before.. on my cat! I am anxiously waiting for kittens. I thought Rags was farther along than she is I guess. I have had her in my house for a week now and still no babies.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

theallis5

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Her fur is long, so it's hard to tell. Pennie is tabby, which makes her belly almost camouflaged!
I guess we'll all be surprised. How do you know for sure that Nova is 64 days? I've seen pregnancy calculators, but I'm still not sure how to get them right. All I know is that we've had Pennie for 6 weeks and 2 days. When I first talked to her previous owner, he said she was pregnant. That was 7 weeks ago. She must have been barely pregnant. He said she was acting very affectionate and putting on weight. I thought at the time that she must be pretty far along (for him to know). Now, here we are, 6 weeks into this, and still going. But, I am glad we've had the time to get to know one another. I think she'll be pretty trusting of me when she has her kittens. She loves to be petted and to just sit with me, when the house is quiet. Which, because we have 3 small children, is usually after their bedtime.
Anyway, because I'm waiting, I love updates on all of you all, as you wait! And, it will be fun to have cute kitten threads going very soon!! -Jen

going nova

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by theallis5

Her fur is long, so it's hard to tell. Pennie is tabby, which makes her belly almost camouflaged!
I guess we'll all be surprised. How do you know for sure that Nova is 64 days?
I actually am not sure on the exact number of days.
My method of counting is similar to yours!
We have had her since the evening of Dec. 16, and she hasn't been outdoors since.

I'm a little surprised that she has not had her kittens yet. We must have taken her in very close to the conception date!

You're right, it is difficult to make out her belly clearly with her fur length.
I've been trying to get a clear shot of her nipples, or check for milk but she (understandably) does not like to be touched in these areas. Much of the fur has come off, so I can see that she is quite pink but not a whole lot else.

dillpickles

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Here is my Dill she is less than a week away we think...i think she should have her babies by friday...
These pics make her look small darn black kittie...