Best cat trees?

lillypug

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I am looking for a cat tree for Jack, NuNu and our new kitten that will be coming home in April. We have a very tiny one but I want a bigger one that they will enjoy. What is your favorite tree???

jack31

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The one I made! I couldn't find one already made that I liked or that I thought Jack (my kittens name too) would like.

I have a thread about it from recently.

Leslie

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lillypug

I am looking for a cat tree for Jack, NuNu and our new kitten that will be coming home in April. We have a very tiny one but I want a bigger one that they will enjoy. What is your favorite tree???
Have you looked right here on The Cat Site? Click on The Cat Site logo and look in the upper right hand corner where it says Our Partners. The first two entries give you a good selection of cat trees.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
IMO you should not bother with any treehouse/post that is less then 4 feet tall
I'd get one that had multiple levels, a tunnel or "bed" with it rather then plain shelves.

I like ones that have little steps to a level. We have one now (4 feet tall) that has a shelf and a round bed at the top. Charlie can clear it from floor to top now, so DH will be building an "addition" to the one we have and connecting it with a ramp between. This one will be another 3 feet higher.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
well, i have four trees, total. 3 are less than 4 feet high - one is about 2-3 feet, 2 are about 3-3.5 feet, & one is close to 7 feet [the favorite, of course!]. but one of the shorter ones is by the front window, so it's used quite a bit, as well. both of the 2 faves are Armarkat trees: this one & this one. i also have 2 catnap window perches that are quite popular... here's a link to Chip & Firefox in one of them: snuggling in the window

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love the navy blue one and like the other one too - but wish it was as tall as the navy one
The design of the light blue is cool.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

I love the navy blue one and like the other one too - but wish it was as tall as the navy one
I have been going through my Grandfather's old rare stamps that he willed me. And then I noticed your "I've been frosted". Wow, that must be worth a lot of money!

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittyTales

laureen,

How sturdy/stable is the dark navy tree? How long have you had it? Was it truly easy to assemble? (My b/f is handy by trade, but my tree would turn to dust waiting for him to get around to it.
)

I'm looking into ordering one of these:

http://www.armarkat.com/pix1/A8001.htm

http://www.armarkat.com/pix1/A9505.htm
that 1st one looks like it'd be quite stable.
mine were both easy to assemble, but the tall one did wobble a bit. i put an L bracket on one of the lower levels & attached it to the wall, & that stopped it.
my dad looked at it prior to that, & told me it wouldn't topple over... but since it would fall on my bed [if it did fall] i felt better after securing it.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Persi - you are sooo goofy sometimes

Laureen - you are so color coordinated
I think when we do the add on, we will look for a leopard like spotted carpet to put on the addition. That way when Charlie and his future brother Jack are on there - no one will see them

lnbandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

I have the navy blue one as well. The cats all fight over it - and Cosmo still thinks he can fit into the little tunnel - yeah, Momo, maybe your head but that is all that will fit now.

This is my 2nd Amarakat tree and my only advice is that the base does need to be weighed down. When my cats are running and jump on it, it does wobble.

river

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

tamgirl99

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have one that I got from Petsmart years ago that's about 66" tall. I bought this style because it's easy for older cats to climb. The pic is fuzz because it was taken with my phone:

I also just purchased this 78" one for less than $100 on ebay:

http://www.armarkat.com/pix1/B7801.htm

I wanted to get my new kitten a more interactive tree than the one I currently have, but at the same time make sure it was easy enough to climb so my 10 year old can enjoy it too.

bonnie1965

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by river

After looking at some tree plans and searching the net for designs, I've decided to make a simplified version of the stackem trees linked below. They should be very easy to build and most likely will be much sturdier then the aramarket type trees. I think each one will cost me about $20 to build.

http://www.angelicalcat.com/stackem_cat_perch.shtml
http://www.bjmarketers.com/stackable-tree.htm
Please post photos when you complete your's
I love the stackable idea!

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love Riley's treehouse

But DH will "add on" to our existing one and build a bridge to a taller treehouse. The add on will be more wood/sicle on it so its a different texture for them - and it will be about 3 feet higher then the current one (which is about 4 feet tall).

tutti_bella

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Lucy Belle has this one:-

http://www.cozycatfurniture.com/imag...thammock_m.jpg

And here she is at play with her cat condo:-

I have absolutely no idea what the rope in the middle or the one at the base is for. She also never climb into the hammock, instead she loves to swipe it with her paws or fish out toys I purposely left in there for her.

jennywhite686

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Where did you get the toy she keeps dragging back to the floor? My kitty would loooovveee one of those...
I just ordered the navy blue tree too - you guys convinced me!!